10 Times Nathan And Haley Are Relationship Goals

Always and Forever

167
Fanpop

When the TV show, "One Tree Hill" went off the air in 2012, it left viewers with many lessons that would follow them throughout their life. We saw our favorite characters endure some of life's biggest challenges and still come out on top. From this show came one of TV's MOST iconic relationships ever: Nathan and Haley (aka "Naley"). Nathan Scott was a main character who started off as the town jerk but once he met Haley and began to fall in love with her, he became a man that every girl who watched the show would want to marry someday. Haley James Scott was Nathan's tutor whom she soon fell in love with and married. Throughout the show's nine seasons, Nathan and Haley became relationship goals that every viewer aspired for. Here are 10 times Nathan Scott and Haley James Scott were the ultimate relationship goals:

1. The moment they first met

2. When Nathan then became Haley's tutor

When Haley needed to pass gym by shooting a basketball, she was too embarrassed to ask Nathan for help. However, per usual, Nathan found out and did the cutest thing possible: he decided to tutor her in basketball. Instead of being humiliated like Haley thought, they ended up becoming closer.

3. The moment they got engaged

Nathan and Haley's relationship was far from normal. For starters, they got engaged their junior year of high school. Despite hesitation from their family and friends, they worked through all of their issues and remained married. The night they got engaged, Nathan said the line to Haley that would set the bar incredibly high for guys out there. He said "I could love you forever so why can't forever start today."

4. When Haley told Nathan she was pregnant

When Nathan schedules a press conference to say what college he has decided to attend for basketball, the press conference takes a turn. That morning, Haley told Nathan that she was pregnant with their first child. At first he seemed less than thrilled, but at the press conference he announced this: "As many of you know, I called this press conference today to announce where I'm planning to play basketball in college. I got a lot of great offers but it's always been my dream to play in Duke University, so ah... that's where I plan to go but... you know my father said that today will be the greatest day of my life, and you're right dad, it is but it's not because of basketball, you see today... I learn? That my wife Haley is pregnant and it's an absolute honor to be recruited by Duke University. I guess what I have to say to you today is this. Where I play basketball, IF I play basketball, is no longer a decision for me to make alone, it's a decision that I make with my wife and my family's best interest to her and what I do I let you all know. And my wife couldn't be here today so... I just want it to say one thing to her: Haley, no matters what happens we faced together, I promise you, I'll never been happier, everything is gonna be okay... I love you. Thank you." This made Haley, along with the rest of the world, cry and fall more in love with Nathan.

5. When Nathan shifted his priorities

When the scandal was going on with Nathan and the woman who accused him of fathering her child, Haley not only stood by Nathan, but was willing to pay her off so Nathan wouldn't lose his dream. However, when Haley told her she didn't want him to lose his dream, he said "Lose her? She's right here and I'm never letting her go."
They supported each other through everything.

6. When they were the perfect family

Throughout the show, Nathan and Haley were the perfect little family. They had a son and a daughter. They loved their children very much and worked well together to parent their kids. They are not only relationship goals, they are family goals.

7. When we learned Nathan's favorite ice cream

When Nathan went missing, Haley started to recall a memory that was replaying in her head. One time for Nathan's birthday, he didn't want to do anything but just get ice cream. Haley picked up mint chocolate chip and he said it's not his favorite. She was confused because he always got that flavor. He only got that flavor because it was her favorite. This proved he cared about her more than he cared about himself.

8. When they reunited after he went missing

When Nathan reunited with Haley after being kidnapped, it was one of the best moments they shared together. You could see the love they had for each other.

9. Whenever they kissed in the rain

Kissing in the rain? Every couple's relationship goals.

10. Always and Forever

Always and Forever was Nathan and Haley's signature line to each other. By saying this line, they would reaffirm their love for one another.

Nathan and Haley will always be a love that everyone will aspire to have. They survived all of life's challenges and still came out on top and more in love than ever. We love you Nathan and Haley.