One of the most exciting but dreaded things for a Netflix buff to go through is ending a series. You're excited because you finally get to see how the show will end, but you dread the last episode because you no longer get to live vicariously through this fictional world. Here are my thoughts for a few days after finishing a beloved series.
1. "Why am I this attached to a TV program?"
It shouldn't be this hard to let go of a series. I shouldn't be crying, but I am.
2. "I'm going to punch the writer."
Thanks for that horrible finale. I'm going to go fantasize about punching the writer in the face.
3. "Nobody better talk to me today."
I need a day, or 10, to get over the ending of a show. In that time span it's best if you just steer clear from me.
4. "Nobody can know how upset I am."
After a while, if you're still upset about a show ending, people will think you're crazy. So you just have to act like you're okay, even if you're dying on the inside.
5. "Why did I even start this show?"
I know what is going to happen once I end a show, so I don't even know why I start new ones. Why can't I just watch movies instead?
6. "Who in their right mind thought this was a good place to end?"
I want more. I need more.
7. "Maybe there will be a reunion special."
The little glimmer of faith that I have that a show I love will have a reunion special is what keeps me going.
8. "Okay, it's time for me to come out into the real world."
As much as I love sobbing in my bed, I eventually get up for the sake of my own sanity. A show can't control me that much, can it?
9. "I will not let this show control me."
This show was my weakness. I spent many hours watching it. But no more.
10. "What should I watch next?"
Now it's time to decide what to watch next.