10 Thoughts When Looking At My Timehop

10 Thoughts When Looking At My Timehop

Traveling back in time is pretty fun.

43
10 Thoughts When Looking At My Timehop
Shay Nault

Timehop is an application for smartphones that collects old photos and posts from Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, FourSquare, and Dropbox photos and distributes the past. The company was founded in 2011 by Jonathan Wegener and Benny Wong. With more than 12 million users, Timehop has been a great way for millennials to connect with friends around the past. They show our memories from this date through history and make them easy to share!

Here are 10 thoughts when I look through my Timehop:

1. I am so embarrassing

Who let me put this on the internet? I started social media really young, so naturally, there are embarrassing pictures and Facebook statuses that make me look like a huge dork.

2. The awkward moment when you aren't friends with this person anymore

It is awkward when you see their name pop up in your timeline again but it's all part of life. As we grow older, we lose and gain people in our lives. It's interesting to see how you used to interact with a specific person, what you used to have in common, etc.

3. I miss this moment in time

There was an event like a birthday party, high school battles, family reunion, school trip, traveling to Europe for the first time, etc., that may have made an impact in your life. Seeing what you posted or said about the event again is great because you can reminisce on the good times.

4. I'm such a different person

I can see how I've grown mentally, spiritually, and physically when I look through my old statuses/tweets. I wish I could reply to my old self and tell her that it will be okay.

5. I'm so funny

I'm not going to lie, I'm pretty funny. Most of the time, it's embarrassing, but my thoughts are so strange that I can't help but laugh at myself.

6. I'm still the same person

There are times when I can tell that I'm still my 14 years old self. It's nothing bad or anything, but I'm glad that the values I've had 5 years ago, I still stand firm by them today. And I am still goofy and dramatic as ever.

7. This tweet/status is still relevant to me today

It could be about being stressed or loving Netflix and still be relevant. It's pretty cool how on a particular day I tweeted/retweeted something and I am feeling that same emotion years later.

8. I'm so happy I put this on the Internet

There are a couple pictures I didn't know still existed. But I'm happy there is some kind of record of it somewhere. Also, social media is like a scrapbook, it allows you to see how you've grown and changed over the years. I'm glad that I've accomplished so much and shared it with my friends.

9. Why are you being so dramatic? You're like 12 years old

Recently, my Timehop tweets have been about how stressed I am about this big event. From an outsider, it may sound like I was planning the arrival of Pope Francis to America. But no, I was planning my Sweet Sixteen party. I laugh when I see similar tweets about how "stressed" I am.

10. God Bless Timehop

I'm so grateful for Jonathan and Ben for coming up with the idea of this app. Thanks for reminding me that everything on the internet is permanent and forever.