10 Thoughts Everyone College Student Has During A Fire Drill

Say cheese, firemen!

1217

We’ve all been there, laying in bed perfectly nestled in between a bag of Tostitos, salsa and Netflix, looking like a complete mess in sweats and a baggy T-shirt. It’s obvious you don't plan on leaving bed anytime soon. After hours of binge-watching [insert Netflix show here], it’s finally paid off because the season finale is about to start. Just when you are about to get to the best part, the deafening sound of the fire alarm goes off. After recovering from a near-fatal heart attack from the sudden fire alarm, a few thoughts come to mind. Sure, it’s a necessary safety precaution that our wonderful university imposes strictly for our own benefit, but is there really ever a good time for a fire alarm?

1. OK, who doesn't know how to cook?

Once again, why do college kids think it’s ever okay to attempt to make mac & cheese after a night out? You barely know how to cook sober; you’re not going to miraculously learn after a night out.

2. Maybe if I hide in the closet no one will know that I didn't leave my room.

It’s crossed our minds every time there’s a fire alarm. No one really keeps track of who comes out of the building right?

3. But what if it’s actually a fire? Fine I’ll get up.

In the rare case that someone left their straightener on or forgot the food in the oven for a little too long, and there actually is a fire, it’s probably best that you left the building.

4. Is it socially acceptable to walk outside in my pajamas right now?

Fire drills demonstrate the latest pajama trends in every sense. So naturally, once you make it out of the building, comparing your homeless look to others is the norm.

5. Actually, whatever, I’m bringing a blanket too.

In addition to the homeless look you have going on, accessorizing with a blanket is also necessary. Not only does it shield you from any harsh weather conditions, but it also acts as a barrier between you and the other angry people outside.

6. Bonding with friends about how much we hate fire alarms, I feel closer already.

Nothing brings people closer together than hating the same things. So while angrily professing your hatred of leaving your room to the person next to you, friends are magically made.

7. Lemme make this my Snapchat story, hold on.

Well since you’re stuck outside anyway, you might as well show all of your friends and snapchat them.

8. Say cheese, firemen!

Gotta be sure to snap a picture of the firemen while you’re at it too.

9. False alarm? Yep that's what we all thought.

It’s been fun, but the firemen are leaving, time to go back into the building. So glad I’ll never get those 15 minutes of my life back.

10. Back to Netflix.

My bed is calling, back to watching Netflix and eating.