10 Thoughts as a Final Semester College Senior

It's almost over

44
Google

Being a senior in college is a crazy time. Not only do you have the real world right around the corner but after graduation the whole "adulting" process becomes way to real. Here are the 10 daily thoughts that not only I but majority of college seniors have on a daily basis.

1. "I am so excited to finally be done with school."

After years and years of complaining about school, homework, teachers, professors and projects the time is finally here where you don't have to worry about that anymore.

2. "How many more days till graduation?"

We all have a countdown on our phone that is counting down the days, hours, minutes and seconds till we walk across that stage in front of faculty members that one we barely know and two have never seen until this day.

3. "I don't care if I wore this shirt yesterday, I am a senior and I dare someone to say something to me about it"

After spending years with the same exact people the mentality of "dress to impress" is no longer a thing. Especially when majority of your classes are with people who have been in the same class as you since freshman year.

4. "Do I really have to go to class, I mean this is the fifth time I've had this professor."

We all have those days where we don't wanna get out of bed and those days seem to happen a lot more frequently during your senior year. We all hope that the professors made the syllabus available online because it's highly likely if it was handed out in paper form its long gone crumbled up in the bottom of our book bags. The syllabus is the holy grail when it comes to how many classes can one miss before it actually hurts our grade

5. "Wait, our senior presentation has to be how long?!"

The main focus of senior year for many of us is the "senior project." Many of us work all year long with a group. But when it comes closer to the day of the presentation we start to freak out that we have to present this whole thing for 20 minutes.

6. "So how many days till graduation again?"

Seriously I am not sure if I can do another week of classes

7. "Oh I actually have to start looking for a real job."

I have to find a real job. Not one that's just going to be a part time one but one thats going to pay all the adult bills that are about to hit my bank account.

8. "Is it acceptable to study at the bar?"

At this stage of the school year, we all know what study process works best for us and we also know what days our favorite bar tender is working as well. The decision to study or go to the bar is almost an impossible one to make so why not combine the both of them.

9. "Tailgate pre graduation or nah?"

Graduation day is the last who-rah of your college career. So why not go out the right way with one more tailgate.

10. "I am going to miss this so much."

The Wednesday through Sunday morning hangovers, the last minute cram sessions and the "I can't make it to class today" emails are no longer a normal thing. College is meant to be the best four years of your life and I know for me, they were. I have learned a lot of life lessons, met a lot of people and went to one too many house parties. I will cherish and hold these memories and lessons with me for the rest of my life. It's finally time to write a new chapter in my book of life.