I'm sure we've all heard that art is easy, right? Wrong. Artists struggle just like every other person who is passionate about their hobby or career, but we just do it with a little more zest or color. If you are an artist you'll understand these struggles/inner thoughts. For those of you who are not artists, are you curious to walk a day in our shoes? Here's your chance to see what it's like on the other side.
1. I'll never think of a new project idea!
2. OH! That's a brilliant idea! I totally got this.
3. Go ahead, keep critiquing my idea.
4. So what if they don't like it! I'm still awesome.
5. Yay! I haven't screamed or cried in the past 3 hours over this project!
6. That was NOT my drinking water... that was paint water.
7. Don't make me explain my art again, please.
8. I'm almost done!
9. Just kidding, I know I'm not even close...
10. You "accidentally" spilled paint on my artwork? You may "accidentally" die today.
11. Wait. You're giving me a new sharpie?!
(Don't pretend like this wasn't the best thing to ever receive in class!)
12. Hmmmm interesting.. wait is that a -AHhh not a smudge!
13. They like my artwork! They like my artwork! They like my artwork!
14. Wait! So you don't like my piece? That's okay...
15. If my colored pencil breaks one. more. time.
16. Can I just give up now?
17. I'M DONE! Let's go get some food. I haven't left the studio for the past 3 days.
I hope this brought a smile to your face and a laugh or two! To my struggling artists out there: good luck! I know the struggle. I feel your pain. You are not alone.