10 Things You Probably Have Learned If You Raised Yourself

You learn a lot when you do it yourself
136

Sometimes life hands us the wrong deck of cards and we must learn how to tie our own shoelaces and take on the world on our own.

Security is a nice thing to have but others grew up without it. Some things I learned as a kid are still important to me today because at the age of 10, I grew up teaching myself until I couldn’t anymore. Here are some things I learned along the way.

1.Your looks have never been a top priority

As a little girl I used to play with my doll’s hair and do my little sister’s makeup, but as I got older, I stopped caring. I would usually wake up, brush my hair and throw on something clean. This worked for me, and it was never an issue.

2.You don’t like being “handed” things

Raising yourself meant working for what you had. You didn’t like it when someone took you out on their treat or gave you a gift when it wasn’t your birthday or Christmas.

3.You hate asking for things

Not only do you not like gifts, you also don’t like asking for things even if you really need it.

4.You’re not too disappointed when some people don’t stick around

People come and go and that’s a part of life. Since you’ve been on your own for so long, it doesn’t surprise you when people move onto better things.

5.You’re the hardest worker

No job is taken for granted, and you always feel the need to prove that you’re dedicated.

6.You’re selfless

You’ve grown up so much and done all the things you need to do to build security around yourself, it’s hard for you to take a day and treat yourself. You always think of others.

7.Your trust is hard to come by

You’ve proven to yourself that you work for what you have, so it’s hard for you to let people in.

8.But when you do trust, it’s never ending.

Trusting someone is hard when you’ve worked so hard, but when someone truly proves himself, you open like a flower.

9.Sometimes appreciation would be nice

Every once in a while we wish that someone would just tell us that we're doing a good job

10. You never take love for granted.