10 things you should do during the summer

Here is a list of things to make the best of your summer days

43
hdwallpaperbackgrounds

As we have finally reached the summer season once again, we are beginning to anticipate all the good times we will have. As the days pass, we may be faced with times in which we have not a clue as to what to do. It is vital that these days don't go wasted, as the nice summer weather seems to come to an end earlier each year. In order to avoid wasting valuable summer days, here is a list of 10 things you should do during the summer time.

1. Go for a hike

The summer season is the best time of year to go for a hike. The ground is dry and not covered in snow, the sun is usually out, and plant and wildlife are thriving. Hikes are great exercise and can take a few hours to complete, so if you are trying to make the most out of a nice, sunny summer day hikes are a good option.

2. Go for a swim

Since we have recently seen some of the hottest summers in history, swimming is never a bad idea. Swimming is the best way for you to stay cool while remaining outside. Swimming has also been proven to work out most of the muscles in your body, making it an excellent way to stay fit while staying cool.

3. Cookout

As the summer brings the ideal weather conditions for most activities, there are a lot of special events that occur during the summer. What better way to celebrate these special events than to break out the grill, something else that is ideal in the summer. If you have a group of friends celebrating the same thing, then you guys can throw a few bucks in and have a great cookout. Since the grill can be going for the duration of the day it is a good idea to, towards the end of the night, use the slowly dimming coals to melt marshmallows and make s'mores.

4. Have a bonfire

After all the daytime activities have ended, friends are often faced with the question of what’s next. Why must the party end just because the sun goes down? A perfect night time activity for friends is to have a bonfire. Bonfires are a good idea as they allow friends to sit around the fire and have a face-to-face conversation. Bonfires are also often the birthplace of a lot of friendships as that particular bonfire may be the last stop for a wide range of people from the community.

5. Movie night

Yes, you can have a movie night at any time, but movie nights during the summer stand out amongst the rest. This is because they tend to run a lot later than movie nights during the rest of the year. This is not only because summer vacation, but also there is no need to worry about the extra time it takes to drive through things such as snow. Similar to the feeling that is given from a movie night on a gloomy, snowy day, the summer provides for a nice cozy feeling when there is a thunderstorm during the movie night.

6. Carnivals

Carnivals are almost always during the summer time in most parts of the country. They are possibly some of the most memorable events that we attended during our years spent in grade school. Everyone gets a blast from the past when the annual carnival takes place and they bite into a funnel cake that tastes the same as when they were a kid. Carnivals are an event with limited time, so you and your friends should seize the days while they're there.

7. Outdoor concerts

Since the summer time hosts the best and most consistent weather of the year, it marks the perfect time to attend outdoor concerts. This is because the summer days allow us to comfortably tailgate for the concert hours in advance as well as go out afterward, something that would be unbearable and not ideal during the winter or a rainy spring day. It should be noted for those who have not experienced an outdoor concert that they bring an entirely different experience than an indoor concert, especially at night.

8. Road trip

Since the road conditions are typically not ideal in other seasons, summer is the best time for a group of friends to pack up the car and go on an adventurous road trip. Road trips allow friends to explore the world at their own pace and freedom. Since everyone should see as much of the world as they can, road trips are a great idea for the summer as each moment would be a new experience, the weather is for the most part ideal, and no day would be wasted.

9. Organize a sports competition

One of the best things to do if you are with a group of friends with nothing to do, is to compete in sports. There is no better way to spend a summer afternoon than to divide up your friends and see who is the better team. Unfortunately, this can be difficult at times since space for team sports such as hockey and football can be limited in certain areas.

10. Mall walk

One of the more desperate things you can do during a case of summertime boredom is to go to your local mall and just walk around. This is a great way to kill time because not only will you find all the inhabitants of the mall that day entertaining, but you end up walking more than you think so it ends up being a decent source of exercise. Who knows, maybe you'll end up finding something that will make your day and the particular summer memorable.