10 Things You Know To Be True If You're The Baby Of The Friend Group

"Aw, you're so young, I'm sorry".

37

If your birthday falls in the months of June, July, or August, you've probably come to terms that you're one of the youngest people in your class, and chances are the youngest in your group of friends. If you're like me, when you were younger, you were furious at your parents for not birthing you sooner. In elementary school, you wanted to be turning 7, too, when all of your friends were in October, and you hated the fact that you had to wait 8 more months to finally be the same age as them again. You would think that your actual age wouldn't matter as you get older, but being the "baby" doesn't get any easier. I'm perpetually bitter for my fate of being younger than all of my friends, and obviously I'm not going to grow out of this stage anytime soon.

Here are a few ways to know you're the baby of the friend group:

1. In elementary school, you could never celebrate your birthday in school like all of the other kids because yours was after school ended.

2. Your friends are all turning 21 and the only big change in your life is being the designated driver every single weekend.

3. You will (illegally) celebrate all of your friends 21st birthdays before it's time for your own to be celebrated.

4. Your friends have to buy your R rated movie ticket for a long while before you can buy it for yourself.

5. You're the last one to get your permit/license and have to depend on anyone and everyone for rides.

6. Your friends want to go to PetLand to play with the puppies, and you need to wait in the car because you haven't turned 18 yet.

7. On one or more occasion, you've been treated like an actual child by your friends.

8. Even though you're the youngest, you probably have to "mom" your older friends from time to time.

9. You get the "WAIT, you're only __ years old???" question on a weekly basis.

10. In college, everyone pity's you for being the baby, and not being able to have (legal) fun with what feels like the rest of campus.

If you're the youngest in your friend group like me, you've probably experienced most of these things one time or another. To all of my older friends: don't worry, I'll catch up to you soon enough.