10 Things We Love About People

10 Things We Love About People

From adventuring to sarcasm.

25
10 Things We Love About People
The Odyssey

Everyone has a list -- every kind of list, but especially a list of things that are attractive. Don't get me wrong, it's not a list of must-haves, and even if a guy or girl had all ten, he or she still might not be The One. That depends on more than these things. But there are ten things that are on most people's lists of what makes people attractive to them, whether as a romantic partner or a friend.

1. Dimples

Ah, yes. Who was the doctor that decided that having dimples was a flaw? For some reason, having a duvet in your cheek is certainly enviable to those who do not. Seriously.

2. Smiles

Everyone likes a guy who is loose with his smiles. There's nothing better than a cheerful person, guy or girl, in this world. No one wants a downer friend, or a glum romantic partner. Being a Byronic hero might sound cool, but once you're done talking about how mysterious he or she is, then what?

3. Jokes

There is nothing worse than someone with no sense of humor. That said, there is also nothing better than someone you can joke around with.

4. The Hiker/Adventurer

Everyone loves and admires the one who can go backpacking in Europe and jump off cliffs without hesitation. If they have a dog too, extra points. Nothing is more fun than the "just do it" attitude, especially with your friends.

5. Sports

Yep, a classic. But there is something attractive about athletes that no one can resist. There is something about fierce competition and domination on the field that is inspiring and scary all at once. Plus if your friends are into sports, you can cheer them on and meet their sporty friends.

6. Singing

Singing is just an attractive trait. I don't know why, but we all fell in love with Eddie Redmayne, so... It also helps particularly if there is an instrument involved somewhere. Duets, anyone? Anyone ever made a band with your best friends? It's awesome.

7. Sarcasm

Good relationships are 92 percent sarcasm and 8 percent understanding when the other person is being sarcastic. Sarcasm is an absolute must for any relationship, friend or romantic. If you can't handle sarcasm, get out (that was sarcastic).

8. Same Music Taste

There is nothing like car jams with your friends, which can become a lot harder if the music taste is different. Granted, friends give you a whole new opportunity to explore new music, which is great. But there is something about a best friend who also knows all the words to Toby Keith's Unleashed from 2002 (Karen, I'm looking at you).

9. Flannels

Ugh, yes, flannels. I don't know what is so innately attractive about a piece of soft plaid, but man. If it were socially acceptable, I would wear a flannel all the time, to every event. They're warm and soft, and they just scream fall. What more could you want?

10. Baseball hats

Backwards is best, but forwards works too. There is something so cute and endearing about a baseball hat that also says "athlete." They're comfortable and shield you from the sun and rain, so why not? You can also support your home team (GO PATS!) and get your friends some too.

These are some of the best things that endear friends and boy/girl friends to us. We love sharing these things and developing relationships with people who are similar to us, yet they also let us grow and show us new things, like music and hiking trails.