10 Things The US Should Spend $21 Million On Instead Of A Military Parade

This is not an all-inclusive list, but it's a good start

1658

President Trump went to France for Bastille Day as a Guest of Honor, saw their big military parade and essentially said: "I want one too!" Most countries do have military parades but the US very rarely has one and that's a good thing. The image of a nation having it's military storm through the streets of its capital to show off its military could have connotations of very dark and tyrannical governments both in the past and present. But morals and intentions aside, this parade is going to cost a boatload of mostly taxpayer money. According to estimates from Fox News of what this could cost the American people Trump's military parade could be upward of $21 million. Now, $21 million dollars is not exactly chump change and it could and should be spent on MUCH better causes.

1. Helping our fellow American citizens in Puerto Rico, many of which still do not have power or water

Trump was great with the natural disasters in Louisiana and Houston. Puerto Rico? Not so much. Remember when Trump insulted the Puerto Rican mayor and threw a roll of paper towels into a crowd like that would help?

2. Giving US military veterans better resources and benefits

A real way to show appreciation for out military. They've given so much to our country and they deserve better then what they get when they come home.

3. Helping the homeless population that exists throughout our country

A lot of them are mentally ill and just can't afford the care they need. We can help them improve their lives. Not to mention, a good portion are VETERANS.

4. Improving education in inner-city schools

Where you're born shouldn't be able to hurt your chances of getting a good quality education.

5. Putting more resources towards helping those who were sexually harassed or assaulted.

In a time when women are coming out against their powerful abusers, they need help to recover from their trauma now more than ever.

6. Paying for scholarships for kids who otherwise couldn't afford college.

Student debt in the United States costs more now then it ever has before and college students need the governments help.

7. Funding Paid Family Leave so new mothers and fathers get paid for staying home with their baby.

Did you know that the US is the only industrialized nation without paid family leave? That needs to change.

8. Putting more money into healthcare for those who can't afford it but can't afford to not get treated.

No one who is sick or injured should be turned away for lack of money.

9. Investing more money in medical research

In a time of amazing technological advances, we have so many opportunities to improve medicine and medical technology, if only we had the funding.

10. Fixing the current immigration system

Because clearly, it's not working and we were all immigrants once (besides for Native Americans).

After hearing about all of these amazing reforms that $21 million could contribute to whether in healthcare, education, or something else how could someone even think it's a good idea for Trump to spend that money on a one day parade designed to scare people? Fear tactics shouldn't cost tax payers millions of dollars.