10 Things To Know Before You Date A 'Car Guy'

Caution, there are two loves of his life: his car and you.

13919
Chris Dunn

Dating a guy with a nice car seems cool, but slowly you will find out the perks and flaws of dating a car guy. You may have a sweet ride to cruise downtown on the weekends in, but serious rules apply to the life of the car guy. With that being said, here are some things you may want to know before dating that dreamy guy with the nice car. You have been warned.

1. Unthinkable amounts of money will be spent on car parts

No matter what, he will always be thinking of the next modification to put on his car, or some new part that he "needs" to make his car the best. Spending a grand on a new set of wheels seems like no problem to him, while you are sitting eating ramen on the top bunk of your college bed with three dollars in your bank account.

2. Weekends will always consist of at least one car event

"Hey babe, do you want to go out tonight?" will quickly turn into "Hey babe, want to come with me to a car meet tonight?" Although it may make you cringe, power through one or two of them, it will make your S.O. one happy guy, plus you may even enjoy it once you get out there.

3. Five more minutes under the hood is never five minutes

Whenever he tells you he will be done with his car soon, you might as well crack open a book because you will have a while. Catch up on some homework or errands you need to get done because I guarantee you it will take a while. Two hours later, maybe, he might be ready to spend some time with you.

4. He will refer to his car as "her" or "baby"

If you hear him say "My baby is looking good today" don't freak out. He's most likely talking about his car, not another girl. Get used to this name because it will most likely never go away.

5. You'll always be able to hear your S.O.'s arrival

It's something about car guys that makes them believe the louder the car the better. This comes in handy when you are able to hear your S.O's arrival so you are able to pull yourself together before he just walks on in. Surprise visits when you are unpresentable are eliminated.

6. Conversations will always lead to confusion

Once he starts talking about the new exhaust kit he wants to put on his car, you're lost. Just smile and nod, ladies, it makes the conversation go by much quicker.

7. Never slam a car door

I learned this one the hard way. Just don't do it. Ever. Or your S.O. will be personally offended by your action and insist you apologize to the car personally.

8. Eating in the car comes with great caution

Eating in his car is a rare task that takes much skill. Although your S.O. won't have the heart to say no to your Chick-fil-A craving, he may cringe at the thought of Chick-fil-A sauce getting onto his freshly cleaned seats. Be careful, or just eat inside.

9. He will have two loves of his life: His car and you

His love for cars came before his love for girls, remember that. You are the love of his life, but so is his car. So you'll have to learn to share him just a little.

10. But in the end, he loves you just as much, if not more, than he does his car.

At the end of the day, you are his girlfriend and his love for you is massive. Although some days it may not feel like it you are loved just as much, if not more, than the shiny piece of metal he calls baby. Remember his car can't quite feed him and give him massive bear hugs like you do. You will always be important and very much loved.