10 Things To Do While Taking A Study Break During Finals Week

Because studying for 24 hours straight may sound plausible, but we both know it's not going to happen.

229

The week we have all been dreading for the entire semester somehow quickly snuck up on us. Sadly, final exams are upon us. These next five days of exams are all that stand between tired and hungry college students and a month of relaxation spent at home. You think that we would be super motivated and have our shit together, right? Wrong. Why is it that every time our motivation levels need to be at an all time high, they seem to be at the lowest of lows? Nothing is worse than procrastinating studying for your final exam. We all know that cramming at the last minute and pulling all-nighters is not fun. However, we all need a break sometimes while we are trying to jam months of information we have learned into a few days. Not taking a break can lead to anxiety attacks and high levels of stress...so know when you've had enough and could use a breather. Here are 10 things you can do while taking a study break:

1. Take a nap

Sometimes, taking a quick nap and worrying about it after is the best thing you can do. When you are so tired that you can not physical keep your eyes open, you really aren't remembering any of the information you are studying. 20-30 minute naps are the best, and they rejuvenate and prepare you for more countless hours of studying.

2. Eat food

Please do not just live on redubulls and coffee for a week straight. Always remember to make sure you are eating meals, even if it means having to order jimmy johns to the library. Also, indulging in comfort food during this time, like donuts, brownies and ice cream, is totally acceptable and encouraged.

3. Switch locations

Don't study for too long in the same spot, you will drive yourself insane. After a few hours, take a break, pack up, and move somewhere else. Whether that means going to the library, a study room in your hall, or your friends apartment, a change in scenery will do you good.

4. Go to the gym

If you REALLY do not want to study you can always take a trip to the gym. Working out and taking a break is a good way to clear your head and relieve some stress.

5. Watch Christmas movies on Netflix

You can always just take a break and watch Christmas movies in your room for an hour or so. It will give you motivation to get through the week and be able to finally enjoy the holiday season.

6. DANCE PARTY

Grab your roomie, blast some music, and dance it out.

7. Play games on your phone

Playing your friends back in pool or checkers in between studying is a great way to take a break.

8. Surf the web

Checking every social media website known to man is always an option. Pinterest is my personal favorite because one second you are reading some article and the next you are planning the furniture in your future house.

9. Pick up a new hobby

Finals week is the perfect opportunity to learn how to knit or play a new sport. Why not, right?

10. Talk to your friends on Houseparty

Houseparty is a really cool new app that allows you to video chat with numerous friends at a time. Why not distract your friends and help them take a break from studying as well?

As hard as finals week may be, try to push through and finish the semester on a high note! "Pain is temporary, GPA lasts forever."