10 Things To Do While On Winter Break

10 Things To Do While On Winter Break

Because freedom is right around the corner!

48
10 Things To Do While On Winter Break
Bing Images

So winter break is coming up, and I know most of us CANNOT wait for it to come. There is probably a slight inkling of a chance that while on break you might feel at least one instance of that thing we call "boredom." Because when you have been busy with deadlines and homework and "adulthood" since the end of August, you sometimes forget how to just be and feel like you always have to be doing something, or you feel like you have ran out of all the "somethings" to do.

So here goes nothing!

1. ICE SKATING!

Okay, so I am a Pennsylvania girl, which means it is freezing this time of year, and it only gets colder by the time we hit the New Year and head into February. No, it is definitely not cold enough that you can skate on ponds and stuff like in the movies, but there is an ice rink not too far away from where I live, and there is probably one near you, too! Get a group of friends together and head out onto the ice! It is fun, somewhat relaxing, and besides, who would not mind trying see how many times they can NOT fall on their rear?

2. Read a book!

Granted, this is not always the popular choice, but it is definitely relaxing, fun, and makes your brain work a little bit differently by letting your imagination go wild! Now I understand that "working your brain" will probably be the last thing you care about after finals, but this is the kind of work that is perfect for a rainy or snowy day curled up in a blanket with a hot cup of tea or coffee. So, it is not really that much work anyway ;)

3. Go sledding, skiing, or snow tubing!

These are a few other great activities to participate in if you live in a colder climate! Plus, there is plenty of snow to throw around in a good 'ole snowball fight, too, and I know you would probably love to throw something after this semester :)

4. Bake something. Anything.

The holidays are the perfect time of year to break out your kitchen skills, even if you are not really into cooking or baking. Doesn't the thought of a batch of warm, gooey chocolate chip cookies just sound like music to your ears?

5. Go for a coffee/hot chocolate run with your friends.

This is fun any time of the year! Plus spontaneity is one of life's best gifts :)

6. Spend time with family.

What better time to catch up with your grandparents or hang out with your cousins?

7. Go see a movie, or have a movie night at home.

You know that movie you have been thinking about going to see or your favorite on that you have not seen in a while? Time to add that into your schedule! #MovieMarathonAnyone?

8. Head to the gym, my friend!

So the chances that we are going to be consuming a lot of amazing food and desserts is very, very high especially if you and I are anything alike. With that being said, not only does hitting the gym or going for a run help to burn off all those calories, but it also gives you something to do, and you will feel great afterwards!

9. Wrap presents.

If you have not already done this, I imagine you probably have quite a few gifts to wrap, so what better time than the present? ;)

10. Clean your room, car, closet...

For some people this is like a last resort kinda thing. Like only if you are completely and totally and utterly bored would you even think of wanting to do this. Personally, I enjoy having things cleaned up, so I try to stay on top of having things organized. However, sometimes because of how busy life gets, the desire and the time to keep things in an orderly manner can tend to go out the window a little. Which means that Winter Break is a capital "G;" great time to put everything back into order, and also see if maybe there are things that we could get rid of that are no longer used or needed!

And if finals have you stressing, just remember that you are about a week away from a month of freedom! You can do it! You are strong, brave, smart, relentless, and resilient. I believe in you! Now go kick those finals in the rear!