10 Things To Do When You're Bored

10 Things To Do When You're Bored

Ditch the technology and try these 10 healthier options for when boredom strikes.

107
10 Things To Do When You're Bored
thestaffingstream.com

In today's society, we have everything for entertainment purposes at our fingertips. From iPads and laptops to bring us Netflix at a second's notice, to smartphones that can bring up any social media platform instantly, it seems technology is our go-to for when there is simply nothing else to do.

Social media and technology can be great, but can also have negative effects. They disconnect us from what is going on around us. If you want to feel more in-tune with the world around you, here is a list of 10 healthier options of things to do when you are bored.

1. Go for a walk

Not only is it exercise, but it gets us up and moving outdoors. Nature is our best friend, so embrace it instead of sitting indoors.

2. Do a crossword or Sudoku puzzle

These are mentally stimulating and will keep you busy for long periods of time.

3. Go to a local restaurant and order something new

If transportation and proper spending money are available, treat yourself to a new dish at a local restaurant. It is fun to experiment with new foods.

4. Read a book

I know not everyone enjoys reading, but give it a try! Find a novel that interests you, and you most likely won't be able to put it down.

5. Color

You can find adult coloring books online or practically at any local book or convenience store. They come with all sorts of designs, from relaxing henna patterns to scenes from our favorite movies (my Star Wars one is my absolute favorite).

6. Give a friend or family member a call

Instead of sitting on the couch mindlessly texting them, pick up the phone and actually have a verbal conversation. It is much more meaningful to hear someone's voice than to just see words on a screen.

7. Go window shopping

We don't all have the luxury of being able to spend money on clothes every time we get bored. However, window shopping is a nice substitute.

8. Tidy up around the house

I know cleaning is not the most fun thing ever. But if you are bored enough, it can keep you busy for a bit while also getting some chores that need done, completed.

9. Take a bath

Who doesn't love a nice long, hot bubble bath? Treat yourself in your time of boredom.

10. Redecorate

When you have nothing else to do, give in to your creative side and redecorate your bedroom or another room in the house. Even rearrange the furniture if you don't feel like full on redecorating. It will spice up your living space.