10 Things To Do Instead Of Searching For A Significant Other

This single life really isn't as bad as it seems.

65
Original Photo

When you enter your 20s, everything always seems to begin moving faster than you expected. At first, it all starts as fun and games as you battle in "flip cup" and win round after round of beer pong in college. But then, a transition begins and suddenly, your friends are entering 'serious' relationships. With the blink of an eye, those relationships turn into marriages and you're left as the one single friend that could never get their life together in time to meet the 'Marry Before 25' quota. Lucky for you, you don't need a significant other to live a happy life. Your time will come to be happily ever after so stop searching for Mr. or Mrs. Right and start living your life with intention and focusing on things that make you happy. For example:

1. Take a trip

No significant other? NO PROBLEM. Go somewhere that you've always wanted to go that you know you won't be able to go when you settle down. Meet new people, live each day without a schedule, make spontaneous travel changes. Take it from a seasoned single pringle, solo adventuring is the best kind of adventuring.

2. Wine and dine

A fancy dinner for one is much cheaper than a fancy dinner for two. Plus, you don't have to worry about how much food you eat and how long it takes you to get ready. Put on a nice outfit and treat yourself. Glory knows you've earned it.

3. Try something new

Now is the time to finally go to that dance class or whiskey tasting or the wine and paint class that everyone said was lame.

4. Change up your style

Honestly, nothing feels better than switching things up a bit with your style, even if it's something simple! A little bit of a confidence boost is always great when you're rocking the single life.

5. Get involved

Volunteer at the humane society, go serve food at the soup kitchen, make care packages for soldiers, or just be active in the community! Getting involved in something you're passionate about is a great way to have fun and meet people with similar interests.

6. Make more time for your friends

After all, they're the ones that pick you up when you fall, right? Your friends will be there for anything, so you might as well start seeing them more often, even if it just involves a night of pizza, beer, and movies.

7. Throw yourself a party

Get your friends together and throw that wild party that you've been wanting for a while. You deserve to be the center of attention for a moment.

8. Do something that's actually insane

Haven't you always wanted to do something completely wild and dangerous? If so, the time couldn't be more perfect. Being single is the perfect time to break through your fears and boundaries. Sometimes all we need is a little reminder of how great it is to be living.

9. Stop searching for a while

Delete your Tinder, stop messaging that one person that literally doesn't even care, and say goodbye to working so hard for what feels like nothing. You're not going to be alone forever, and spending all your free time trying to find the one will do nothing but give you anxiety and potentially a drinking problem. If anything is meant to happen, it'll happen! Sit back and start enjoying your life.

10. Love yourself

Last time I checked, you're pretty grand by yourself. You don't need anyone to complete you because you are a wonderful human and you have the beautiful opportunity to take life and live it for all that it's worth. Being single is definitely not the end of the world, so stop stressing and start enjoying yourself.

In fact, I like to think that your independence is just the beginning of an exceptionally exciting chapter in the book of your life. Savor every moment and never stop being you, because you are amazing.