10 Things That Happen When Your Coworker Is Also Your Friend

Thank you for being my coworker and friend.

807
imgflip

I've been incredibly lucky to have coworkers who double as friends. There is nothing better than going to work and being surrounded by people who make you laugh. I have a lot of coworkers who make my job a lot easier because we keep each other sane. This is a list of things that happen when your coworkers double as friends.

1. You buy each other coffee.

How would we get through the day without our coffee? Thank goodness for Caribou's BOGO.

2. You spend your breaks sharing stories.

Most of the time breaks are for getting away from your work but I enjoy skipping a break or two every once in awhile to share stories with you.

3. You remind each other to take a deep breath.

The day can be stressful and it would be even worse if I didn't get along with my coworkers. Thanks for knowing when to tell me to take a deep breath.

4. You sometimes forget that there is a schedule.

Oops, we were actually suppose to move onto the next thing five minutes but that story about your dog was just too funny and it definitely could not wait.

5. You can look at each other and know what each other is thinking.

Did that kid really just say that? Did the parent just ask that? Did that person just run into a pole? Yep, and I know you want to laugh but let's keep it together!

6. You are out of it when they are on vacation.

It is like I forgot how to function at work. I missed you probably too much while you were on vacation and I was at work, without you. Let's both take a vacation day next time.

7. You feed off of each other's sarcasm.

There is nothing better than being able to be sarcastic and knowing that your coworker is going to back up your sarcasm with some of their own! Hopefully other people realize that we actually are friends and that we are only being sarcastic. I realize that outsiders might think we are being really mean to each other.

8. The day goes so much faster.

Honestly, without all of our jokes, stories, support and teamwork... the day would drag on forever.

9. You don't mind going to work.

I love my job, don't get me wrong but having you there is just an added bonus. Yay for people who share a common passion for working with kids. It's fun to hear stories from outside of work and spending long days with people you actually enjoy being around.

10. You know that they got your back!

Thankfully when your coworker doubles as you friend, you know that there is always someone that will be there for you at work. Whether you are having a rough day because of something at work or something outside of work; you know they will always be there!

Here is to all of my wonderful coworkers. Thank you for not only being my coworker, but being my friend!