10 Things Texas Has That Other States Don't

With Texas being the greatest state across the land, I figured I could share a little bit of what makes the Lone Star State so incredible.

4530
7themes.com

Moving out of state can make a person miss all the incredible things back home. I’m sure everyone who has met me is sick of hearing about Texas, but how can I help it when I come from the greatest state? Here are nine of the most important things that other states are missing.

1. Whataburger

No, Whataburger is not just a fast food restaurant. It is the mother of all fast food chains, with all the glory of spicy ketchup and HBCB (honey-butter chicken biscuit for all you non-Texans). Yes, we steal the table numbers. Why? Because that’s just what you do.

2. Torchy's Tacos

There is nothing in the world like a Torchy’s Taco. Y’all, I’m telling you their queso is like none other. It's messy, spicy, and incredible.

3. Deep Fried Everything

You have not lived until you have gone to the State Fair of Texas and tried something deep fried. No, I don’t mean onion rings or corndogs. I’m talking Oreos, brownies, cheesecake, and if you’re up for it, deep fried butter.

4. Blue Bell Ice Cream

I won’t lie, when I walked down the frozen food aisle during my first grocery shopping trip here in Utah, I cried a little when I realized that I couldn’t get my beloved Blue Bell ice cream. There is nothing quite like it. I remember how rough it was when Blue Bell recalled all of it’s ice cream. Nothing was as detrimental to Texans as that day.

5. Y'all

Yes, I mean the word. Everyone makes fun of me every time I say it, but it’s more efficient than saying “you guys” and it just rolls off the tongue.

6. Friday Night Lights

The TV show is very accurate about describing the event that is Friday Night Lights. Sure, other states love football, but no one loves football as much as a Texan. Our High School football games are as important as some other states’ college games.

7. Buc-ee's

There is no gas station larger nor bathroom cleaner than at Buc-ee’s. It’s the traditional stop made on all road trips across the great plains of Texas, even if there’s no reason to stop other than to go in. There fresh jerky, candy, and even a place to order lunch. If you haven’t been to Buc-ee’s, you haven’t tasted luxury.

8. Kendra Scott

Now this one is specifically for the ladies, but guys, pay attention. Kendra Scott is a jewelry designer, who’s necklaces and earrings you can identify at one glance. From simple to statement, her designs need to spread beyond the South, to those unfortunate souls not within range.

9. Bluebonnets

Texas is the only state that loves their state flower this much. Anyone who has spent a spring in Texas has taken pictures in bluebonnets or stopped on the side of the road to admire them. They grow in huge fields in random places all over the great state.

10. State Pride

No state does pride like Texas does. While we do complain about the weather daily, we love our hot and humid state. No state can fly their flag at the same level as the United States flag except us, no state puts the design of their flag on everything except us, and no one loves their state as much as us.