It's been 9 years since our childhood hero, Steve Irwin (AKA the croc hunter) passed away. Everyone knows Steve Irwin, from his TV show Croc Hunter, to his incredible passion for all the world's wildlife. His dedication and love for Australia's most amazing reptile, the crocodile, took the world by storm. His cartoonish enthusiasm for educating his audience really stuck; he was particularly popular with kids. I remember coming off the school bus and going home to watch the episode of Crocodile Hunter on Animal Planet every. Single. Day. And I wasn't the only one. Thousands upon thousands of kids would do the exact same, which left us with some particular things we learned from him.
1. He taught us to love all animals, big and small.
2.He taught us to be brave,
3.and to be understanding.
4. He taught us to enjoy life to it's fullest, and have fun in any situation.
5. That conservation of ALL animals is important;
6.He taught us that we should be passionate about the things we love...
7. ...and it's okay to be sad sometimes.
8. He taught us to always be positive.
9. That you can do anything in the world if you really believe you can.
(yeah, he's literally catching a wild emu with his BARE HANDS)
10. And that true passion leaves a lasting legacy.
This man shaped our generation and taught us a lot growing up, and had an impact on everyone's life he reached. Rest in peace Steve, while you are gone, you are far from forgotten.