10 Things You Should Never Do In A Drive-Thru

Your food service employees thank you endlessly

62
en.wikipedia.org

I've worked in a few different fast food restaurants since starting high school. I've had to deal with some very difficult and angry customers. Working in a fast food restaurant can be very stressful and the customers (and sometimes the other employees) aren't the most fun and enjoyable people to be around. To save yourself the time, and make the lives of the workers a little easier, here is a list of things you should not do while going through the drive-thru of your favorite fast food stop.

1. Scream into the speaker

All you need to do is speak into the general direction of the speaker. When your scream into the speaker, it's practically like you are yelling into the ear of the person taking your order. No one enjoys having their ear screamed into.

2. Order from the passenger seat

The speakers can hear you, but not very well. It can be hard for the employee to distinguish what you want exactly. To ensure your order is accurate, just tell the driver what you want.

3. Decide what you want for 15 minutes

Almost all restaurants have a website where you can see what is exactly on the menu. This makes it easy for you to decide what you want, before you even get to the restaurant's location. This will save you time at the speaker, and makes the life of the employee that much easier.

4. Smoke a cigarette

This is just a common courtesy where ever you are.

5. Dump out your drinks on the pavement

This will cause ants and other insects to hover around the building and they may even get inside. Which is completely disgusting. It also makes the restaurant look dirty outside and who wants to eat at an unclean establishment.

6. Yell at the employee over the price

They have absolutely no control over how much your cheese burger and drink costs.

7. Ignore the employees questions

Man, just answer my questions so I can ensure your order is made correctly.

8. Drive off without your credit card

This happens more often then you think it does. Please, just make sure you have everything before you leave.

9. Be on your phone

I find this really rude. I always thank my customers and it's annoying when you'd rather be on your phone then give someone your attention.

10. Enter the drive-thru the wrong way

You could potentially hit the building or drive-thru screens and you could possibly even hit an employee or customer. Just look out for the enter and exit signs and you are golden.