10 Things People with Anxiety Are Tired of Being Anxious About

Because, Yes, We Don't Like it Either
Grace B.
Grace B.
178

Despite what some YA novels want you to believe, anxiety is far from glamorous. Sometimes, you'll have moments where you panic over the smallest things out of nowhere or you'll end up becoming stressed and anxious over something that you'll be feeling f*cked up for daaaaaays.

We essentially live in "crisis mode" and trust us, we're so tired of getting anxious about the following things.

Oh so very tired.

1) Not Getting Somewhere On Time

We always leave ourselves plenty (note: HOURS) of cushion room to avoid the stress of potential, probably not going to happen events which would keep us from getting us where we need to be. DO NOT EVEN GET ME STARTED on how many times I've woken up three hours before my 8:30 am class and suddenly get anxious about potentially being late. Not fun.

2) Deadlines

Especially the ones where we've procrastinated until 12 hours before something's due (no, anxiety does NOT preclude procrastination) and we're half-scrambling, half-swearing to ourselves we'll never, EVER wait until the last minute ever again. Spoiler alert: We wait until the last minute again.

3) Driving Abilities (Of Everyone Else)

People with anxiety make fantastic backseat drivers. It's totally not annoying at all to have an extra person letting you know when you're riding someone else's ass, right?

4) Unanswered Texts

Are you mad at me? Did I do something wrong? Did my Snap include a picture of me with broccoli in my teeth? FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS GOOD ANSWER MY TEXT, I KNOW IT'S ONLY BEEN FIVE MINUTES BUT I CAN'T TELL IF YOU'RE ANGRY WITH ME OR NOT.

5) Confrontation

Hahahahaha, no. Just no. When I'm with my friends, I'm wonderful at ranting and venting about how much I hate this, that, or so-and-so. If I could get angry with you and talk to your face, I would. BELIEVE ME. But because my anxiety makes me shake like a newborn puppy everytime I'm near someone upset with me, please don't call me (and don't you f*cking dare show up at my house, please and thanks)

6) Meeting New People

Do we like people? Yes (usually)! The process of doing so? Ha! Funny joke.

7) Failure

The sky seems to always fall the moment we do something wrong; we think about it and think about it and thank about it and just drive ourselves insane over the smallest of mistakes.

8) Tests/Quizzes/Essays/Homework

Yes, alright, we get it. Everyone else stresses about these things too, but we take it to a whole new level which surpasses what 'normal' anxiety levels are.

9) Our Health

Spending too long on WebMD can have us stressing out over things that aren't even actually a thing (....guilty)

10) Finances

Thank god for financial advisors who bring some sort of semblance to 401Ks, Roth IRAs, stocks and bonds and...oh wait, we just fell asleep. But seriously: We're obsessive about saving and investing because SHOCKER: Not being financially secure in the future stresses us out.