10 Things All Soccer Girls Understand

10 Things Every Soccer Girl Understands On A Spiritual Level

I can't tonight, I have soccer.

621
DreamWorks Pictures

Soccer girls understand one another on a spiritual level. Honestly, we live a totally different life than other girls our age, and we're rarely given the credit we deserve. Do you know how many wind sprints I've done in my life? Too many. But it's OK because when all is said and done, there is nothing better than being able to call myself a soccer girl.

​​1. The difference between casual sweatpants and formal sweatpants

You know that when you're on the road to a tournament or just headed to practice, your comfy Adidas joggers are the way to go. But when it's time for a nice family dinner, the grey Nike sweats you begged for at Christmas are your best bet!

2. Ponytails 24/7

No matter what you're doing, your hair is always up in a ponytail. It's just more comfortable, and doesn't take nearly as much time as trying to "tame the mane." You wear your hair in a ponytail so often that your best friend barely recognizes you with your hair down!

3. Girls soccer is WAY harder than boys soccer

Girls are ten times more aggressive than boys, and girls run a lot more. When some random soccer boy tries to tell you that boys soccer is harder, your first response is always "I bet you've never had your hair pulled."

4. Men's cleats are better than women's cleats

OK, so it's been established that girls soccer is pretty much better than boys. But that doesn't mean the gear is better. Men's cleats are a lot more comfortable, they're never ugly neon colors, and the sizes are more accurate. Plus, there are no Messi cleats for girls.

5. The NWSL is much more entertaining than MLS

Whether or not you and your friends are always debating about which player should win the Golden Boot, you know that watching the National Women's Soccer League is a whole lot better than watching MLS. The players are tougher, they have better footwork, and they're all basically goddesses (I'm talking about you, Tobin Heath).

6. Your biggest pet peeve is pretending to be hurt

You've laughed at the 2018 World Cup Neymar memes for hours, but when you're watching a game, it's really annoying when players pretend to get hurt. No matter how badly you've been injured, you always get back up and try to play. So when you see some of the top players in the world acting like they're about to die after they've barely been touched, it almost makes you want to turn off the TV.

7. Alex Morgan is THE BEST striker in the world

That pink headband is probably your favorite sight during a USWNT game. Watching Alex Morgan play is like watching Pele or Mia Hamm play, but better. She's scored over 100 international goals, and you couldn't be prouder of Baby Horse.

8. Soccer season is the best time of the year

No matter what team you play for, high school, club, or rec, you always get super pumped when the season comes around, even if it means the beginning of preseason. You've already bought some new cleats and a really nice ball, and you're ready to go. Even though you know conditioning is going to be hard, you're excited to get back with your teammates and get your foot on the ball.

9. Student-athletes work harder than anyone else

You get up before the sun rises, and go to bed after the sun has set. You work tirelessly during practice and in games, and still manage to get your homework done and study for tests. Even at away games, you make sure that your schoolwork is done. There's no doubt in your mind that student-athletes are the hardest workers out there.

10. The Women's World Cup is the best part of summer

Every four years, the best soccer tournament in the world is held: the Women's World Cup. You make bets with your friends, wear your favorite players' jerseys, and even yell at your TV. You've even been late to meet up with your non-soccer playing friends just so you could finish watching a match. To you, it doesn't matter who wins the World Cup, you just enjoy watching the beautiful game.

From Your Site Articles