10 Things I Wish I Knew In High School

10 Things I Wish I Knew In High School

If college has taught me anything, it's how I could've made a happier life for myself starting in high school.

63
10 Things I Wish I Knew In High School

After completing my first week of exams, I decided to reflect on my first few months of college, In this reflection, I realized how much I had learned about life in such a short amount of time, and I really wished I had known these things in high school.

1. Be selfish with choosing your friends

You decide who you want to be friends with and spend your time with, therefore make sure they're the best people for you who will always support you and make you happy.

2. It's okay to not go out

FOMO is real, but there are things more important than a social life.

3. Only you can define your virtues

Know the kind of life you want to lead and the legacy you want to leave and don't let that change for ANYONE.

4. Relationships aren't everything

Falling in love with yourself is far more rewarding than trying to be someone you're not for someone else.

5. It's okay to put yourself first

You are in charge of your own happiness. Make your physical and mental health a priority over everything else.

6. Not everyone is kind

This is just a hard truth that we all need to learn, accept, and adapt with. Always be kind, even if people aren't kind to you.

7. Don't let your trust issues get in the way

Being hurt in the past can make us put up walls, but don't let that get in the way of new opportunities.

8. Never be ashamed of your interests

If people don't love every part about you, including your love for Harry Potter, then they're not the people for you.

9. Self-care is a priority

Again, mental and physical health come first, for without a strong foundation you cannot succeed.

10. Maintain your spirituality

Do not let bad influence or peer pressure change your relationship with your spirituality, you spiritual growth never ends so continue to pursue it.