10 Things To Do Instead Of Texting Your Ex

10 Things To Do When You're Lonely Instead Of Sending Your Ex A 'WYD' Snap At 6PM On A Tuesday

Try all of these things before...

693

You've all heard of cuffing season, but rather than getting cuffed most of us just end up feeling lonely and want someone to cuddle with. The truth is that it's much easier to go back with someone you've been with before than to find someone new who you have to start all over again with just for it to end within a week or whatever.

Although hitting up an ex again is tempting, you know it will only end the same way it ended all those other times before. Rather than put yourself through being let down again, try one (or more) of these things below so you're not sending that "WYD?" text at 6pm on a Tuesday:

1. Read a book

No, not a BuzzFeed article or the Daily Mail stories on Snapchat. I mean a book with words and no (or very few) pictures. You know, like with a plot, setting, theme, climax, happy (or sad) ending! Trust me, that climax won't leave your house at 2 am.

2. Binge watch a new show

Did you lie on the couch the whole day binge-watching season two of "YOU" and only get up once to grab your Uber Eats delivery? Oh, wait that was me. Anyway, that is still better than going back to an ex!

3. Learn how to cook a bomb meal

The key to a significant other's heart is always food. And other things. But mostly food.

4. Go for a run

Want to go back to your ex for temporary validation or attention? Go for a run to burn off your stupid.

5. Make a new playlist

No, not a feels playlist. No, not a 6 pm on a Tuesday "Oh maybe I should hit up my ex" playlist. More Beyoncé and Rihanna, less Sam Smith and country love songs.

6. Call your parents

You'll be reminded of their divorce and why it's not even a good idea to have feelings in the first place.

8. Start a blog

Does anyone truly want to read your thoughts about Chad from Sig Pi or how pineapple really does belong on pizza? Probably not. Still better than hitting up your ex though!

9. Study

Your degree will never text you out of the blue saying how it loves spending time with you but isn't ready for a commitment yet because it wants to see other people

9. Hit up that nice guy you keep avoiding

Maybe ask him for some guy advice! Nice guys LOVE that. Completely kidding here, do not do that.

10. Go out with your friends

Dress up. Look hot as hell. Talk to cute people at the bar who would probably love to go back to your place and then never talk to you again!

And if none of those work...

Well, good luck Charlie.

Follow Swoon on Instagram.