10 Deadly Sins You Need To Avoid If You Just Went Through A Breakup
popular

Put the tequila shot down.

2154
Unsplash

We have all been there. Breakups are tough.

Even if you and your significant other broke up on good terms, there is still that sting when you see them out in public and watching them look happy without you. Although you may be devastated by your latest breakup, there is a list of things that are just NOT good to do when it's all said in done. Here is a list of 10 things girls shouldn't do when they're going through a breakup no matter what the situation is.

1. Don't continue to stalk them on social media.

Block that boy. You don't need to see what he's posting and you're better off leaving a little mystery for him as well. You don't need to be seeing what he posts cause chances are it's not gonna be good.

2. Don't text him (even if you're drunk). If he wanted to talk to you, he would.

I know we all do it. But literally, do everything you can TO NOT drunk text him. Give your phone to your best friend and have her change his contact name so something you won't know, that way when you go to search his name you won't be able to find it. Trust me, you'll thank me for that one later.

3. Stop checking to see if he watched your Snapchat stories.

Chances are he's going to watch your story, but stop checking to see if he's looked at that bomb selfie we know you posted just so he can see it; He's not worth your time.

4. Don't start looking for your next boyfriend before you're over the last one.

Trying to find someone else while you're still emotionally unstable (and probably out at a bar drunk) is never a good idea. You're not a dude and you can't get rid of your feelings that easily, let's be real. Be happy with your life and yourself before you move on to the next guy. You don't want to carry your emotional baggage from your last relationship into your new one.

5. Stop sitting at home and sulking.

Sulking is okay for about a week but sitting at home crying and eating cake for an excessive amount of time isn't going to do anything but make you get a little post-breakup chunk. Go out with your friends and enjoy your time at college and don't let that boy ruin your life.

6. Don't plan your night around where you think he's going to be.

Go to the bar you want to go to. It may even be best to go where you know he won't be because the sight of him is more than likely going to ruin your night.

7. Don't even think about ordering a drink with tequila in it, you'll break all of these rules.

Tequila always sounds like a good idea when your heart is hurting, but trust me, IT IS NOT. And i repeat, DO NOT DRINK TEQUILA. Your night will end in tears and a lot of curse words and make you ballsier than ever; not a good idea.

8. Stop waiting around for him, you don't need anyone who doesn't need you girly.

If he was dumb enough to let you go, leave him in the past where he belongs. More than likely, he's probably better off in the best and was there to teach you a lesson (learned that one from personal experience for sure).

9. Stop thinking it was all your fault; chances are if you're having a hard time moving past this it was him or a team effort.

With every breakup comes a series of events that weren't completely your fault. Getting over someone you weren't ready to let go is always tough, but trust me it can be done!

10. Stop worrying about him and do things that make you happy.

Stop letting a stupid boy dictate your happiness. You deserve to be happy for you and you only. Go out with your girls, laugh, and have a good time. You deserve to be happy and clearly, he's not apart of that happiness anymore.

So, there you have it. A list of 10 things you shouldn't do when going through a breakup. Chances are, that boy was never gonna be your soulmate and in college, they need a little more time to grow up. Even the relationships that look picture perfect have their issues.

You'll find the right guy at the right time and when you've found the right one it'll feel effortless. So, for now, put on your favorite outfit, you're favorite lipstick and have a good time. Enough college and your friends because it all goes by too fast. Don't let a boy ruin your happiness and your college experience. College boys aren't worth a damn.