10 Things To Do Over Christmas Break

10 Things To Do Over Christmas Break

Besides stay in bed all day.

6
10 Things To Do Over Christmas Break
Tech Republic

The time off from school is very much needed. We need to rest our brains and our bodies from the stress endured over the five months of school. Yet, with so much time off, we find ourselves getting bored over break, so here are ten things that you can do over break to keep yourself off the couch and having fun over break.

1. Try Snow Sports

If you live in a place that gets snow, try taking up skiing or snowboarding. If you don't want to try a board sport, try finding a nice hill to go sledding on, or try snowshoeing.

2. Bake

Image result for holiday baking

The holidays are the best time for baking. Certain flavors are released during the holiday season that just scream "get baking." We're talking gingerbread, peppermint, pumpkin--even though past Thanksgiving, the flavor is a little overplayed. You can just scan over Pinterest and you're bound to come up with easy recipes that you definitely want to try at least once.

3. Take Up Crafting

You can make anything in December and call it a holiday craft. You can add white to a piece of wood and say you "dusted it with snow." You can add mittens to your pre-existing garden gnomes and say you're making them ready for the holidays. Crafting during this time of year has no limits because you can really do just about anything. And again, let Pinterest be your guide.

4. Read a Book

You have a month of quiet time. Let yourself sink into the couch with a cup of hot cocoa and the book you've been meaning to read for months but haven't had the opportunity to get to because college just doesn't give you the time. It's a good de-stresser and a great way to keep your mind active.

5. Spend Quality Time With Your Family

This seems a little redundant, but it is still very important. While all you may want to do is spend time in your room catching up on sleep, make time to hang out with your family. That is after all the whole reason you came home. You want to hug your mom, dad and dogs. Your family can act as stress relief, so if you do one thing over break, spending time with your family and making memories with them should definitely be it.

6. Spend Time in Your Community

Let everyone know you're alive. It's been a while since you saw teachers, friends, and acquaintances. Go to a community led event and catch up with the people you haven't seen in at least six months. You may be able to strengthen those old ties and find you needed to hear from your old pals more than you realized.

7. Try Something New

While crafting or baking may be your "something new," taking up a new hobby, or at least trying it for the first time is always an experience. You will either like it or hate it, but at least you can say you have tried it. You have plenty of time to figure out what you want to try and coordinate how to get it done, so why not just do it?

8. Find a New Show On Netflix

If you are going to spend your time laying in bed, find a wholesome show on Netflix that has a decent amount of seasons and episodes to watch. One that you can take back with you to college, or you can leave and know you won't have to catch up on later seasons.

9. Better Yourself

With all the time off, why not start a new workout routine that you can carry into the new year? Or try a new healthy habit of any kind. You have the time to actually make it a healthy habit and when you go back to school, it won't seem like such a challenge.

10. Get Rest

This one is pretty simple. Catch up on your sleep. Don't be so excited to catch up with everyone and go out and do things that you forget you've probably gone months without sleep. Take as much time as you need to sleep in and take it easy. It is break after all.