10 Of The Best Things About Greek Week

10 Of The Best Things About Greek Week

Let the games begin.

97
10 Of The Best Things About Greek Week

It’s the most anticipated time of the year for Greeks…Greek Week! This can be a time of so much fun and bonding with your organization and the brothers and sisters of the others, while at the same time having everyone at each other’s throats and completely stressed out. Here are some of the best things about Greek Week.

1. Competition

Some friendly competition is always fun. Also, being in different organizations, not everyone gets along all the time and as harsh as it might sound, this is the perfect time to get out some aggravation.

2. Reliving your glory days

If you played a sport in high school, that sport or some sort of hybrid of it will probably be an event during the week. Get out the knee brace and start practicing because this is it. It’s your time to show off your skills and to shine in front of all of your college friends who weren’t there to live those high school days with you.

3. There’s something for everyone

If you didn’t play a sport in high school and don’t have an athletic bone in your body, don’t you fret. There is still plenty of events for you. Banner making, trivia, checkers, Greek Alphabet, lemon-eating, you name it, we got it.

4. Bonding with everyone

Every social Greek organization is together every night (most of those nights, very long) for a whole week. This is literally the most perfect time to bond with everyone and get to know the brothers and sisters of the other organizations.

5. Bonding with your own brothers or sisters

Greek Week is also a great time to make your bonds with your own brothers or sisters even stronger. All the events require so much teamwork, effort and support from everyone that you can’t help but become closer.

6. Making memories

It is inevitable to make some awesome memories within and without your organization. These are memories that you will literally be talking and laughing about forever or at least until next year’s Greek Week.

7. No meetings!

If it's not Greek Week it's probably cancelled and definitely not on your things to do during this week.

8. Watching

Even if you're not participating in an event, it's always fun to go watch, show some support and see everyone else being overly competitive and getting really into whatever they happen to be doing.

9. Winning

If someone tells you they don’t like winning, they’re lying. Whether it’s just one event you tried really hard for or if it’s the whole week, everyone enjoys winning and it’s one of the best feelings in the world to know you succeeded.

10. Having fun

The most important part of Greek Week is to remember to have fun. Greek Week is something I look forward to every year and is my favorite week of spring semester. No matter if you come in first or last place, you and your brothers or sisters probably had a blast doing it.

At the end of the day (or week) Greek Week is such a fun experience that ends up teaching you a lot about yourself, your brothers or sisters and the brothers and sisters of the other organizations. So get excited my fellow Greeks and may the odds be ever in your favor.