10 Struggles Of Being A Night Owl Home On Break.

hint: it's lonely

30
luluandlattes Blog

It's finally winter break, and many students, myself included, find that they have adopted a very different sleeping schedule than everyone else in their house. These are the top 10 struggles of being a night owl when your family goes to bed early.

1 . Trying to figure out what you're going to do with yourself all night.

True, you only wanted to sit on the couch and watch TV with them anyway, but it's nice to have someone to sit with.

(reddit.com)

2. Feeling like ships passing in the night.

You sit home all day, they go to school and work. You eat dinner together, you leave because you have plans and when you get back they're all in bed. It's like you barely live in the same house because you see each other so little.

(halboor.com)

3. Trying to be quiet as you slink around the house.

You obviously can't just sit in your room all night, but it's 3AM and everyone else is sleeping so you tip toe across the kitchen as you make your late night ramen.

(wanna-joke.com)

4. Wanting to leave to meet your friends.

You could leave and go meet your friends somewhere, but it's inevitable that if you do, your mother will wake up and freak out because you're gone. Then she will not go back to bed until you're home. It's a bad situation for all involved.

(imgur.com)

5. You finally do fall asleep.

You finally fall asleep at about 4:30, but you wake up at 5:30 because you can hear everybody getting ready for work/school.

(gifloop.tumblr.com )

6. When you use the bathroom you think you're going to be murdered

Okay this one might just be me, but whenever I think I here footsteps in the hallway I automatically think it's an axe murderer coming to get me and not my brother sleepily trying to find his way to the bathroom.

(smg.photobucket.com)

7. You finish entire seasons of shows in one night.

I breezed through Gilmore Girls and the reunion in less than a week while home on break because there's NOTHING ELSE TO DO ALL NIGHT.

(gifbay.com)

8. You clean.

Again, also probably just me, but I found myself scrubbing the toilet at 2AM last night because I don't even know why.

9. Wondering who else is awake.

Somebody else has GOT to be awake right now, but you don't want to text anyone because what if you wake them and then they get cranky and hate you? It could happen.

(gif-imgur.com)

10. Giving up and getting into bed.

I give up. I'll snuggle in bed with netflix until I die. Or until Christmas. Whichever comes first.

(gif-hercampus.com)

Interested in joining Messiah's Odyssey community? Apply here.