As the end of the semester rolls around the corner and finals are approaching, so does that event that every college kid dreads...moving back home for the summer. Yep, back to being suffocated by your parents, endless hours of boredom, and the loss of ultimate freedom. Ugh, the struggle is definitely real. Here are 10 reasons as to why you should avoid coming home next summer.
1. Receiving a curfew.
Suddenly your parents give you a curfew earlier than what you had in high school. Don't they know that this is when we usually go out on the weekend?
2. No late night food binging.
You're now being judged by your parents for gaining that freshman 15 last semester. If only they understood that mozzarella sticks are completely irresistible. #sorrymom
3. Being judged on how long you decide to stay in bed that day.
Ugh, can't I just have a rest day without you questioning my laziness? Seriously though, we're still recovering from finals.
4. Having no life because your friends are hours away.
Besides being forced to work everyday, and binge watching Scream Queens, you are bored for hours on end. So bored that you volunteer to do the grocery shopping just for a small taste of freedom.
5. Being driven everywhere by your parents.
Because nothing is more embarrassing than being dropped off at a party in your dad's Subaru Outback.
6. Feeling awkward drinking in front of your parents even though you're 21.
Nothing is worse than feeling the stares of your parents pierce your soul as you take that first sip of a beer in front of them. If only they knew...
7. Being bombarded with questions about your future.
No, I don't know what I'm going to do with my life. Yes, I know it will be hard getting a job with my major. Do I regret it? Eh maybe... just stop asking I'm getting stressed out.
8. Having to ask permission to do everything.
Can I see a movie tonight? I promise I'll be back by that unreasonably early curfew you've given me. And yes, I promise I'm actually going to the movies this time...
9. Being forced to keep a clean room.
How dare they tell me how to live my life.
10. Counting down the days until summer is over.
Yes, only one more week!
Please, please, PLEASE just get me back to college!