10 Stages Of Getting Paid In College

10 Stages Of Getting Paid In College

When you're not completely poor for once.

4
10 Stages Of Getting Paid In College

Looking in your wallet makes you want to cry. This is basically the life of every college student. There is one day that everyone looks forward to and that, my friend, is pay day. As college students we are on a cycle: sleep, go to school, and work. We spend money like it’s our job even though we always regret it, and when the bank is empty we wait in agony until the next paycheck. Here’s the cycle leading to our favorite day of the week and all the things we love to do after.

1. You wait until midnight refreshing your phone until the money is deposited.

2. The money finally drops and you run around your house in so much excitement (you may not admit it right now, but you know its true).

3. You start thinking of all the cool things you can buy now that you are rolling in cash.

4. Now you have money to buy that shirt that you have been looking at all week. You end up buying way more shirts than planned.

5. After stocking up on new clothes, it’s now time to shop for the necessitates: you go grocery shopping because you have been living off some bread and mac and cheese for the past two weeks.

6. Even though you just went to the store, you decide to go out to eat because, why not, you’ve got money now.

7. What goes better with dinner than drinks? This weekend is your weekend to go all-out. You take out money from the ATM. $3 charge, who cares? This is your time to have fun.

8. You’re headed to the bars and ready to spend all the money in the world.

9. The next morning you check your wallet and cry because you realize you spent every cent of what you took out of the ATM.

10. You’ve had your fun and now you wait the next two weeks to begin the cycle anew.

Pay day will always be the best day in the world, no matter the age. Let's face it though: being poor in college sucks. Keep working your butts off — that way you can get a real people job and make lots of money.