10 songs to play when you're on aux over the summer

the perfect summer playlist

48
Photo by Bruno Gomiero on Unsplash

Everyone has that moment when you're desperately scrolling through your phone for the perfect playlist for the pool. Nothing feels right or everything is old or the wrong mood. It's tough. Here are 10 songs you probably don't know that you need to add to your summer playlist immediately. They sound like summer and make you feel like you're the main character in a coming of age film.

1. Coachella- lovelytheband

This makes you want to drive through the west coast with your head out the window. It just feels like summer and you can't not smile or sing along with it.

2. Hallucinogenics- Matt Maeson

I love Matt Maeson and all of his songs but this one is just perfect. His voice is so pretty it just puts you in a great mood.

3. Treacherous Doctor- Wallows

Perfect for tanning at the pool. You get to pretend that you have unique trendy music taste.

4. Slow Dances- Winnetka Bowling League

This song starts off a little more unique and funky then the chorus makes you just want to hangout and chill and look up exactly what Allbirds are. Helps you relive your wannabe-indy phase.

5. Strangers -Mt.Joy

This song just makes you think of music festivals- like a late night in Piedmont park at music midtown but instead of Mumford and Sons its Mt. Joy. The type of song that makes you feel alive and buy a crochet top.

6. Low- THE DRIVER ERA

This song would probably make some great remixes to play at parties, but the regular version is just fine with me. Its fun and makes you feel like you're in a movie in slow motion.

7. Bungalow- Scott Helman

This is probably in a sorority's philanthropy video during the travel section but for good reason. It makes you want to walk on the beach for miles and travel the world with only a backpack.

8. Left Hand Free- alt-J

This song might give you flashbacks to your quarantine Outer Banks binge, but it truly does feel like the beach.

9. Sour Patch Kids- Bryce Vine

This song somehow reminds me of shopping in a dark cologned Hollister growing up. It reminds me of early 2000's teenagers partying, and I love that.

10. Bashful Creatures- Hippo Campus

You just can't listen to this song and not be around water. I love this song because it just makes you feel like there aren't any problems in the world and just makes you happier. It's science.