10 Songs That Will Make You Feel Something

Music is an intricate language.

28
spotify.com/carolineob123

It has been said that music is the key to the soul. Nowadays, many songs on the radio or on the top of the charts are not emotionally tapping. These songs are great for a party but do not have enough substance to make us feel. Some people believe that music improves with time. But who's to say that The Beatles were better than Rhianna just because they came before her? I do not believe that there is any sort of correlation between music's quality, and its age. This generation is just as talented as the previous have been. Although there has been a drastic change in what is popular then and now, we have no reason to believe that Adele wouldn't win in a singing competition against Madonna. Music today has been known for containing lyrics that do nothing but insinuate drinking, smoking, sex and partying. These songs are the songs that break the stereotype. These artists are the ones that will win the battle against time. These lyrics are what represent the truth of our generation.

These are 10 songs, by artists today, that will make you feel something.

1. "Craving" by James Bay

" 'Cause I'm craving, craving, craving something I can feel
Where do I go what do I need?
Is it ecstasy or is it fear?
Am I on my own am I even close?
'Cause I'm craving, still craving something I can feel"

2. "Viva La Vida" by Coldplay

"I used to rule the world
Seas would rise when I gave the word
Now in the morning I sleep alone
Sweep the streets I used to own"

3. "Chasing Cars" by Snow Patrol

"I need your grace
To remind me
To find my own

If I lay here
If I just lay here

Would you lie with me and just forget the world?"

4. "Cough Syrup" by Young the Giant

"If I could find a way to see this straight, I'd run away
To some fortune that I, I should have found by now

And so I run to the things they said could restore me
Restore life the way it should be

I'm waiting for this cough syrup to come down"

5. "Walking in the Wind" by One Direction

"You will find me
And you will find me
In places that we've never been
For reasons we don't understand
Walking in the wind"

6. "Long Way Down" by Tom Odell

" 'Cause I can feel the rivers
Winding through the lands
Two lines, and a poet
Like a kind old rye
You know we could talk in that language
Only we understand"

7. "Flares" by The Script

"But did you see the flares in the sky?
Were you blinded by the light?
Did you feel the smoke in your eyes?
Did you, did you?
Did you see the sparks filled with hope?
You are not alone

'Cause someone's out there, sending out flares"

8. "Fix You" by Coldplay

"High up above or down below

When you're too in love to let it go
If you never try you'll never know

Just what you're worth"

9. "When We Were Young" by Adele

"Let me photograph you in this light
In case it is the last time
That we might be exactly like we were
Before we realized
We were sad of getting old
It made us restless
It was just like a movie
It was just like a song"

10. "All Too Well" by Taylor Swift

"Time won't fly, it's like I'm paralyzed by it

I'd like to be my old self again, but I'm still trying to find it
After plaid shirt days and nights when you made me your own
Now you mail back my things and I walk home alone

But you keep my old scarf from that very first week
'Cause it reminds you of innocence and it smells like me

You can't get rid of it, 'cause you remember it all too well"