10 Song Lyrics That Are So Relatable

10 Song Lyrics That Are So Relatable

For every favorite song, there's a secret story behind why.
18426

Music is an escape, a mood changer, a party enhancer, and sometimes it’s the only thing keeping yourself sane for the week. Some days we just need the music, but other days we listen for the lyrics. These 10 lyrics become more and more accurate as adulthood becomes your life.

1. “A drop in the ocean, a change in the weather, I was praying that you and me might end up together.”

We all know what it’s like to pray for a person who treats us with respect and then when you finally have that, these lyrics perfectly say what we’re all thinking.

2. “What doesn’t kill you only makes you stronger.”

Life happens and sometimes it hits us a little harder than we are expecting. From bad breakups to super close family members dying, sometimes we feel like we’re dying too, but it’s a good reminder that struggles only teach us to be stronger.

3. “You lit me up, you made me feel as though I was enough.”

When that one person comes around who makes you feel like you are the one they have been searching for their whole life; that right there is the greatest feeling in the world.

4. “Gave you all I had and you tossed it in the trash”

Sometimes we put in more effort toward people and our relationships and they just cut us out of their lives because they didn’t care about us in the first place.

5. “You distract me, but I’m distracted without you.”

I know everybody thinks of one person when reading this.

6. “Well life is short and love is rare, and we all deserve to be happy while we here.”

I firmly believe the lyrics speak for themselves on this one.

7. “The years go by and time just seems to fly, but the memories remain.”

Once you become an adult life flies quicker than you realize. Live in the moment and be grateful for everything life gives you.

8. “When you’re standing in the moment, every life has a soundtrack.”

If your life had a soundtrack, what songs would be on it?

9. “What I thought was going to be the death of me was my saving grace.”

Life is unpredictable and sometimes what we don’t want is actually just what we need to get us where we are supposed to be.

10. “If the whole world was watching, I’d still dance with you. Drive high ways and by ways to be there with you.”

I know a lot of these are love lyrics songs, but honestly, everybody has a ride or die, even if it’s your mom.