10 Signs You're the Youngest Sibling

10 Signs You're the Youngest Sibling

Once the baby, always the baby.

30
10 Signs You're the Youngest Sibling
Sasha Boroda

Being the youngest of the family is hard. You're constantly being harassed, thrown under the bus, and annoyed by your older siblings. Yay you. But don't worry, we all know you love it and the rest of the family anyways. Here's 10 signs that you are in fact the youngest sibling of the house.

1. Everyone refers to you as the "baby" of the family

It doesn't matter if you're six years-old or 22, you'll always be labeled with this nickname. Your parents friends, your siblings' friends, and your immediate family will always be there to remind you of just that. And no matter how annoying it is, you deal with it.

2. You get blamed for anything that goes wrong in the house

A glass breaks, a drink spills, a picture frame is dropped. You're the biggest suspect and there's no way your parents will be believe you over your older, "innocent" sister or brother. Hope those non-deserved punishments were fun. But don't worry, you'll get back at them someday.

3. You're forced to spill details of your life but get nothing of your siblings in return

You may be in middle school, high school, or college; but they still pick on you for every bit of gossip to find out everything that goes on in your life from lovers to friends to mistaken adventures. But you don't dare ask for information on their lives in return because they'll just tell you to fuck off.

4. The older siblings think you're spoiled because you've gotten things they never had as kids

It's not your fault iPhones and other craved materialistic things in society didn't exist when they were your age. So what if you get them when you're 12 and they waited until they were 17, it's a generational thing and they need to get over it.

5. You're always getting picked on

Because you're the smallest and the weakest, you're the easiest target. They mess with you because they think it's funny even if it makes you cry. But going to mom and dad won't do anything because you're siblings just deny it.

6. No one believes you over your other siblings

Like stated above, no one every believes you over your older siblings because society sees them as more trustworthy. Whether they're pushing your buttons, stealing your stuff, or calling you names, to other people it's as if it never happened.

7. You started watching R-rated movies and older content TV shows before all your friends

Since your older siblings mostly had control over the TV when you were a kid, you ended up enduring their daily dramas and comedies. Including the sexual, violent, and political aspects of them. And by the time you were their age you were already ahead of your friends on the subjects because of it.

8. Half your clothes are hand-me-downs

To save money, your parents always opt to give you your siblings old clothes instead of buying you your own. Meanwhile, they continue to buy new ones for themselves while you're stuck with oversized sweaters and shirts that just aren't your style.

9. By the time you go to college, it's not a huge deal for your parents anymore

Saying goodbye and sending the first one off to college is a huge deal. There's lots of tears, hugging, and excessive shopping for things they *might* need. By the time it's your turn your parents have already been through and just drop you off and say goodbye. Not to mention they only buy what they know you'll need and nothing else.

10. You always feel like your living in their shadow

Whether it's your grades, your extracurriculars, or your social life, you always feel you're never living up to what your older siblings are. You watch your parents praise them over the years and long for the same attention. And because they're older you look up to them and strive to be just like them even though you're not.