10 Signs You're Out of the Honeymoon Phase

Who says the honeymoon phase is the best part of a relationship?

407
Diane Piroon/wordpress

Everyone says that the honeymoon phase of a relationship is the best. It’s filled with giddy meetings and butterflies and lots of firsts. While that is all true, I don’t think it’s the best. After the honeymoon phase, when you really know your partner, is when the true fun begins. Here are ten signs that you and your partner have leaped past the honeymoon phase.

1. Sharing food isn’t that cute anymore.. even though you end up sharing anyway.

Sure it’s cute when you start dating because what’s mine is yours and blah, blah, blah, but if they wanted fries, they could've ordered it themselves. And, by the way, they feel the same way when you pick from their plate.

2. Their things are scattered around your place or vice versa

It’s a mess but it’s a mess you share, which is both beautiful and kind of gross, but mostly beautiful.

3. Going out in public together is chaos in the best way.

You no longer care what anyone thinks, so you’re free to be as stupid and weird as the general public can handle. After all, why would they be with you if they weren’t a little crazy themselves?

4. Gross things aren’t gross with your significant other.

Love is the strongest disinfectant there is.

5. Nights in are much more appealing.

Now that the honeymoon phase is over there’s no need to go out and show off your coupleness to the world. The couch needs love too.

6. You become emotionally invested in each other’s TV shows.

I bet neither of you thought you would be binge watching "Dance Moms" for four hours but here you are.

7. You can fight and it’s not the end of the world.

There’s no more tip-toeing. It’s healthy to argue every once in a while because you know your relationship can handle it.

8. Your family embraces them.

Introducing a partner to the family kind of kills the honeymoon vibe, but brings you two closer together and closer to your family.

9. They know you better than you know yourself.

They always remember your favorite candy and keep you in check when you’re freaking out over midterms and finals.

10. There are no more doubts.

You’re past the fleeting emotions and have eliminated any and all doubts you had before. This person makes you happy and somehow puts up with you on a daily basis with a smile on their face. There is nothing you can be more sure about.