10 Signs Your (Future) Brother-In-Law Has Become Family

You may have been skeptical of him at first, but now he's become part of the family.

434
Panoramio

You may have disliked him at first out of instinct and you might have even told him something along the lines of “If you break my sister’s heart, I’ll break you.” But it’s been a while, and now it seems like more and more he’s become a part of your family. Here’s 10 signs that your (future) brother-in-law is becoming more like a brother to you.

1. He appears in a lot of family photos.

It seems like he’s visibly part of you’re family’s photographic history now. He’s been with you to visit other family and get to know everyone in your sister’s life.

2. It’s starting to feel like he lives with you too.

He’s over so often now, your dog recognizes him. He feels comfortable coming over at any time and it doesn’t bother anyone but the cat.

3. He’s always leaving his stuff at your place.

So much so that your mom is even doing some of his laundry. He even has his own toothbrush in the bathroom.

4. You could drive to his house in your sleep.

You pick him up and drop him off so often, it’s become part of your routine. You’ll be almost sad when your sister finally gets her license.

5. Half of his video games are at your house.

It requires a lot of trust to leave your video games at someone else’s house. Believe me.

6. You can be in your pajamas around him and you don’t care.

I lost count of how many times I’ve woken up to him sitting in the kitchen eating breakfast. It doesn’t matter anymore if my hair is frizzy or if I’m not wearing makeup. Either way he’s pretty much always there.

7. He’s always bringing you food.

He’ll even go to the grocery store with your family sometimes. And if you’re lucky, he might even put up with clothing shopping.

8. You start to actually consider him one of your brothers.

It can get a little weird when he’s with your sister, since you see him as a sibling now, but you’ll get over it.

9. He helps clean the house.

My almost-brother-in-law even helped take the older dryer out of the basement. Is that dedication or what?

10. You couldn’t imagine your sister with anyone else.

You’re sister’s had partners before, and you might have really liked some of them. But now that this one has come into her life, you couldn’t imagine anyone more perfect for her.