10 Signs You Probably Go to Denny's Too Much

Have you Tapingo'd yet?

31
Chrismaly Vidal

Here at Case Western Reserve University, you don't have many options for late night snacking - unless you have a car. For those of us who don't drive, Denny's is our go to place for our inexplicable hunger at 1am - but for those who still hunger after 3am, good luck finding a morsel of food around here.

The newly renamed "The Den" (but Denny's to the rest of us) is where you're likely to find your classmate avoiding their studies at 12:30am or the occasional group of probably possibly drunk college kids stumbling their way to their chicken tenders. If you're anything like me, you've most likely become accustomed to seeing these sights and have even entertained the thought that you may be there too much. To help you figure that out, here are 10 signs you probably go to Denny's way too much.

1. When it's time to Tapingo, the first thing you're asked to do is "Rate Your Trip"...before ordering yet again.

You've decided you're hungry and need your fix, so you open up your Tapingo when you're being asked for the nth time to rate your experience. Sadly, this doesn't even faze you anymore and you just give it 5 stars to avoid having to explain yourself.

2. Your order history looks like this:

If you've ever bothered to check your order history, it probably looks likes an endless stream of your main order one after another, with occasional breaks for L3 or Melt. At least you're consistent, right?

3. You've inadvertently trained your stomach to growl in the wee hours of the night

At this point, you've gotten Denny's so often that your stomach has actually gotten used to eating so late at night. In fact, it may even growl when someone mentions Denny's in casual conversation. Being able to stomach growl on command is a talent, right?

4. The workers at Denny's know you by name

When you do your walk of shame stride of pride into Denny's, you're greeted upon arrival with smiles and by name. You've become a regular and have started to build a community within this small restaurant.

5. You're handed your meal without even asking about it first

This is a step up from the last sign. At this point, as soon as the worker that night sees you, they swiftly hand you your meal and drink cup. It's like a secret greeting reserved for those who frequent the late night diner. You're basically family at this point.

6. You've perfected your Denny's pickup routine

You can pick up your meal, fill your drink, get your sauces and give a quick greeting all within 10 minutes on a weekend and 5 on a weekday. You're basically a pro now.

7. The sight of the rowdy weekend crowds don't even faze you anymore

The ever-growing crowds of rowdy young adults coming back from a night of partying once may have annoyed you but now you've just grown accustomed to it. In fact, you realize that the weekend runs to Denny's wouldn't be quite the same without them.

8. You've eaten Denny's before 12am

There's a rule most students learn in their first year - Denny's only taste good after 12am. As a Denny's enthusiast, you have most likely disproved this statement by proudly ordering at 10:30pm and realizing that it really can taste good before it's too late to register your actions.

9. You've considered Denny's as a factor when deciding whether to live on Southside or Northside

Not saying that this was the deciding factor, BUT...you have thought about it. Multiple times. Northside: 1, Southside 0: .

10. You've literally become Denny's

You are the Grand Slam and no one can tell you otherwise. At this point, you've accepted your love for Denny's and have given your 3 flexible swipes a week to them. You may have even paid for Denny's when your swipes have run out. Now that's what I call true love.

At this point, your friends have all tried to help but you know you'll always be back for the Chicken Panini and it's French Toast bread. It's okay though, I'll just Tapingo and we can go get our food while catching up with the employees about their families.