10 Signs You Go To Stetson University

10 Signs You Go To Stetson University

Good old Stetty U!

1733
10 Signs You Go To Stetson University
StartClass

You know that the CUB is not a baby bear.

You’re on the phone with your parents or friends from back home and you tell them that you’re on your way to the CUB. There’s an awkward silence on the other end of the phone. You get responses such as, “You’re going to the WHAT?!”. Having to explain it a million times to 20 different people doesn’t make it any better either.

You have a love-hate relationship with the bars in downtown Deland.

Everyone knows that when you go to a house or frat party and it gets busted by the cops or public safety, where’s the next place? THE BARS! Whether it’s the Blind Pig, Brickhouse, or Byte, you hate and love them all at the same time.

You always say you’re going to stay in for the night but what else is there to do?

We all have those friends that go out every single time the chance is presented to them. But, when you’re the only one of your friends to stay in that night, the real question arises – what else is there to do? Those nights out, no matter where you go, will be the memories we all hold near and dear to our hearts.

You get the same 2-3 meals from JR’s and Einstein’s

There may be a sense of, “YAY!” because the meal exchange program has expanded at least a little bit. When it really comes down to it though, you still find yourself ordering a cinnamon sugar bagel with maple shmear or a Rocket single every time you go.

Two words: The Commons.

It seems as if everyone avoids the Commons at all costs and well… we all know why. Whether it’s the chicken that’s not cooked all the way through or rice that isn’t cooked enough, it’s all a balancing act. An act of ‘How much time do I have?’ and ‘Do I really want the same thing that I always get from Johnny Rocket’s and Einstein’s?’.

You dread having a class on the 3rd floor of Elizabeth Hall

If you’re not one to hit the gym regularly, then good luck with your class on the top floor because it is the ONLY building with no elevator! Not to mention, the stairs to get to that top floor are concave. Stepping on them makes you feel as if you’re going to fall through them like that scene in Alice in Wonderland.

While walking to class in the afternoon, you see at least 10 people hammock-ing in Palm Court.

Hammock-ing is the best past-time and most fun way to study/do homework so it makes sense that so many people own hammocks. It seems like if you don’t own one then you’re an outcast because just about EVERYONE does it. Also, everybody knows that Eno’s hammocks are the best too.

Seeing the same 3 Uber drivers on Thursday-Saturday night.

Living on campus is arguably one of the best parts of the ‘college experience’ and so is a night out on the town. Thanks to the 3 regular Uber drivers that Deland has, everybody gets around safely with no accidents. Sometimes these drivers even hang around the outskirts of campus waiting for people to start needing rides. More newly, there’s an Uber driver in Deland that has a LIMO! Be sure to catch a ride with Ricky for the most luxurious ride of your life!

You always forget that the coffee shop is closed on Saturday’s.

Saturday night may be the night to go out, but Saturday during the day is definitely for homework. The coffee shop being closed only on Saturday’s is extremely inconvenient especially if you’re really craving that iced caramel macchiato with extra caramel drizzle. Who doesn’t want a freshly brewed coffee on a Saturday morning?

You always wonder what the underground tunnel from Sampson to the fountain to Elizabeth is like.

You’ve most definitely heard about it through the grape-vine and YES, there is a secret tunnel that goes from the ceramics studio in Sampson to the fountain and then to Elizabeth. Maybe you even heard that someone broke into it during the fall 2016 semester and stole a random ceramic statue (not cool, guys). No one can help but imagine what it’s like down there BUT don’t be fooled – public safety goes down there to do their ‘rounds’ so either don’t do it or don’t get caught.

Though Stetson has its quirks and downfalls, it’s the little things that make it the best school in the south and none of us would want to be anywhere else.