10 Signs You Have A Coffee Addiction

10 Signs You Have A Coffee Addiction

Don't talk to me until I've had my coffee.

620
10 Signs You Have A Coffee Addiction
jokideo.com

As we get older, coffee becomes more of a necessity in our daily lives. I think the coffee addiction starts in college. Between the late nights, 8 a.m. classes and finals, we start to drink more coffee to function. Even those who don't like coffee will start to drink at least a little once they get to college. I've always loved coffee, but I will say my addiction grew in college. I know others who can say the same.

Some people will never admit they are addicted to coffee, but if you or someone you know has experienced these 10 signs, then you are a caffeine junkie. Lord knows I have all these signs.

1. You're not awake till you've had your first few sips.

When you first roll out of bed, the first thing that comes to your mind is getting that first cup of coffee into your system. In fact, you are still grumpy and not willing to talk to anyone till you get a sip.

2. You feel like you can't function without it.

If there's ever a morning when you don't get your coffee, you start to feel like your lost. Like something is missing. That's the belated caffeine effect. Sometimes I don't drink coffee till the afternoon, and I swear my mind doesn't work. I think my brain refuses to work correctly till some caffeine gets in my body.

3. When you don't get any coffee you get angry, maybe even a little sassy.

If you ever go a day or so without having coffee, you'll start to get a short fuse with people. Or if you are me, you get sassy with some attitude. I call it sassitude. I tried cutting down on my coffee consumption, so I went a few days without. According to my friends, I was extra sassy. True sign of a addiction.

4. It takes you more than a cup to feel the caffeine effect.

[rebelmouse-proxy-image https://media.rbl.ms/image?u=%2Ffiles%2F2015%2F07%2F17%2F635727617905549160-819577204_gg%2520coffee%25201.gif&ho=http%3A%2F%2Fcdn1.theodysseyonline.com&s=240&h=8ab925b3a9c0687f8db23645c9237cfaf38e27e9527172584fc8488e79bd5016&size=980x&c=3293419422 crop_info="%7B%22image%22%3A%20%22https%3A//media.rbl.ms/image%3Fu%3D%252Ffiles%252F2015%252F07%252F17%252F635727617905549160-819577204_gg%252520coffee%2525201.gif%26ho%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fcdn1.theodysseyonline.com%26s%3D240%26h%3D8ab925b3a9c0687f8db23645c9237cfaf38e27e9527172584fc8488e79bd5016%26size%3D980x%26c%3D3293419422%22%7D" expand=1]

After one cup of coffee, if you still feel like you're not awake or able to get through the day, then you have an addiction. I personally need at least two.

5. You'll get a craving, even at night.

This might be a college student issue, or it could happen if you are someone who works nights a lot. At 7 or 8 p.m., you'll get a random desire to caffeinate. That sometimes happens to me. I'm not sure why it happens, but it can't be a healthy thing to want coffee at night.

6. You can honestly say you've tried everything on the Starbucks menu.

If you're like I am and have ordered just about everything on the Starbucks menu, then you have a very big love for coffee. To try everything on a menu, you must be spending a lot time, and money on coffee. True coffee problems.

7. The barista knows your drink.

If the person making your drink knows what you want the second they see you in the line, then you get coffee far too much. A few of the girls at the Starbucks near my job know the kinds of drinks I get and my favorite flavors. If that happens to you like it does to me, then clearly coffee is your life.

8. You start comparing Dunkin' Donuts and Starbucks.

Since you love coffee so much, you've had coffee from all different places. You reach a point where you start comparing. The biggest is Starbucks and Dunkin'. People are either Dunkin' people or Starbucks people. Then there's the twist that some people prefer Tim Horton's. But true coffee addicts will ultimately get coffe anywhere.

9. Espresso lovers.

Lattes, cappuccinos, macchiatos, oh my! If you reach a point where regular coffee doesn't have much of an effect on you, and only espresso drinks will do, well then, your body has become immune. I personally have reached that point. To feel the caffeine effect, I need either two cups of coffee or one latte.

10. You get happy when someone brings you coffee.

If you get joy when coffee gets delivered to you, then you, my friend, are an addict. I know I get really excited when coffee is brought to me.