10 Reasons Why I Never Had A Boyfriend

10 Reasons Why I Never Had A Boyfriend

10 Reasons Is INSANE But You'll Know Why

2286
10 Reasons Why I Never Had A Boyfriend
Hayden Williams Tumblr

Whenever I see those cute Bollywood or Hollywood couples I'm always like, "Ughhhh where is my prince?" But then again, I know that I am not "ready" to have anyone in my life just yet. The right one hasn't knocked at my door yet. Well, today I am going to tell you all 10 reasons why I never had a boyfriend, or any male in my life except family members.

1. Whenever I like a guy, he ends up liking my friends or some other “better looking” girl.

There have been times in life when I liked a guy and they ended up liking either a friend of mine or a “better-looking” girl. Because of that, I always thought I was ugly and fat, and I wanted to change the way I looked. I wanted to look like a Victoria’s Secret model (because who would turn down a Victoria’s Secret model, right?) so guys could like me, but then I realized that I wanted a guy to like me for who I am, and not just for my outer appearance. I want them to love the girl in me who loves Disney, wants to travel, has a lot of dreams to fulfill and wants to help the world.

2. I end up either friend- or brother-zoning all the guys that like me.

Whenever my friends and I see cute couples, we get so sad, but at the same time, we are happy for them. Sometimes it would be nice to have someone you can go to just to talk to, travel, watch movies, hold hands, eat food with, or do anything. It’s probably a different experience than having to go places with your family and friends. Having someone I like to experience different things with is what I want sometimes, but I guess I’ll just wait. The time has not come for me to date yet. I have never been attracted to any of the guys that have liked me, so I just friend zone them.

3. I am shy.

Yes, yes, I am shy. Whenever I see cute, great, nice guys, my mouth tends to just seal up. And if they end up saying something, I get so shy that I have “blobs” (words that do not make sense) coming out of my mouth instead of normal and actual words. I know that there are guys out there who are shy to talk to me because they think I might not be interested or taken or god-knows-what, but trust me, once we start talking, I will not be as weird as I am on the first trial. Who knows if I’ll be a good one or a bad one, but we shall find out one day. The struggle is real!

4. The effort put in for someone else!

After hearing things my friends do, I’m just like, “Eh, sometimes I just want some me time,” which is actually very important. They always wake up early in the morning and call their guy and talk, and they have to give him gifts and put in work to make the relationship stable. It's just so much effort, but hey, I might end up doing some of the things they do. We shall see!

5. Parents, Brown Parents! (And other family members.)

Once I have a guy in my life, the whole brown community will find out. The whole world will find out and will make up lies to make me look bad -- well, the majority of the aunties out there will because that’s how they can be sometimes. If my parents find out, who knows what will happen. They say one thing, but will end up doing another thing. So my future boyfriend has to be prepared.

6. I am scared.

It can be painful if he ends up cheating on you so I don’t want to deal with all that.

7. I want to be single for now and enjoy the single life before I get married and be with that one man my whole life. (Sometimes.)

I know this is typical, but it’s true. There some couples who can’t do things because their significant other won't let them. I just want to enjoy my single life before I get married; that is if I do get married.

8. I don’t want any distractions, even though I am distracted every day -- ugh, Mr. Zac Efron.

There’s a reason why I chose Agnes Scott College over others. It's a women's college where not only will it help me improve, but also not provide me with any distractions. I'm not going to lie, there are so many cute guys that stop by at our campus, and even some who attend with permission (the post-grads), and lord they can be distracting sometimes, but compared to middle and high school, I am doing better in school. But sometimes I get upset because I have no guy, while almost everyone at Agnes has someone, a significant other.

9. I need to like myself for who I am before having someone in my life.

I don’t think I need to explain this one. Ladies, and maybe even gents, you all should know. I want to like myself for who I am rather than having a guy tell me I’m beautiful, smart, etc. And last but not the least, I want to like myself before having someone else in my life. I remember speaking to a great mentor of mine, and she even told me that first, I need to learn to like myself before I have a guy in my life. I don’t want him to tell me that I am beautiful, smart, etc. and then accept it; I need to learn to accept it myself before getting someone else, and when he says so, I get to just say, "Thank you," and/or, "I know."

10. I don’t need a boyfriend to be happy.

Yes, there are definitely times when I’m like “man I wish I had someone,” but then again….do I? I realized not too long ago that I do not need a guy in my life to be happy. Now whenever I tell some people that I am single, don’t have a bf or never had one, they assume I am lesbian. That is not true. I am straight and just because I do not have a boyfriend does not mean I am. I do not need a guy, as of right now, to be happy. I just want to enjoy my single life, for now, even though, like I said I am always thinking about it but don’t want one right now.

It would be nice to have one, but...

I know this is silly but I hope you enjoyed the reasons why I never had a boyfriend yet and maybe some of you can relate as well. I wonder what’s taking my man so long. He’s probably riding a sloth, which is fine because they're cute.