10 Reasons Why I'm In Love With My Best Friend

Bae is the real MVP

41
Elsa Chase

In light of my one-year anniversary happening over this last month, I've been thinking a lot about not only my future, and whether I can see a future going forward with Justin. Obviously, things have been awesome, and I'm pretty sure I want a future with this man. He's my best friend and everything I could have asked for in more! So without further ado, I present to you 10 reasons why being in love with your best friend is the absolute best!!!

1. All the heartbreak from before makes sense.

We've all gone through our fair shares of break-ups. At the time, it was terrible and we've all had a point in which we thought it was the end of the world, but it really wasn't. God was just preparing us for the great plans he had for us next that maybe we didn't have any suspicions of before.

2. You laugh. A lot.

Although little Justy-poo rarely lets me capture a Snapchat video him singing in the car to Volbeat, or anything like that, he keeps me laughing. A good friend made a comment to me recently, saying, "You two are so funny together. You guys crack me up!" If you can find someone that not only keeps you laughing, but your friends also approve of keeping him around, I think you've found yourself a great catch!

3. You have someone that will be your buddy for everything!

The buddy system is great, but this way you always have a date for any social event, a ride buddy at the amusement park, and if you're lucky, even a dancing partner when you go to weddings or other events that may include a DJ.

4. Your number one fan, and biggest support line is always within reach.

Your significant other should be your number one fan. They should always have the best interest in mind for you, and they will always have your back whether you need a shoulder to cry on, or if you need a hug.

5. You have someone to share your passions with.

Now, I don't know how many of you watch "The League", but when I think of this, I think of the League, and how Kevin and Jenny MacArthur share their love for (fantasy) football. Justin and I share all sorts of passions including football, hockey, music, and Team 25. If you can find someone to share those passions with, it's amazing and you never get bored.

6. You have someone to go on adventures with.

If you're one to stay at home on the couch more than anything else, this one might not be for you. However, we're always planning different little adventures, and we even go on some spontaneous adventures together too! We are going on vacation in a month, and we are possibly planning a vacation together on the other side of the country in the next year! We'll even spend afternoons exploring local small towns on the river. Regardless, it's amazing having someone with the same adventurous spirit as I do.

7. They know your weaknesses, and that's not always a bad thing.

Anyone that knows me knows that I have an obsession with puppies. Justin never hesitates to send me a snap of a puppy he sees while he's out and about, and when I'm having a bad day, sometimes he'll even fill my message box with pictures of puppies. He also knows that almost anything can be smoothed over with food. Get yourself a man like that.

8. You have someone to binge watch Netflix with.

When you're in a long-term relationship, the term "Netflix and chill" literally means watching Netflix, and then probably pigging out on pizza or Chinese take-out. Some of the best nights are lazy Saturday nights spent binge-watching "The League" or "New Girl" with Justin.

9. It's nice to know you're with someone that doesn't get grossed out by your bodily functions...in fact, they may return the favor in grossing you out with theirs, since ya know, they're comfortable with you.

(I've always wanted to use this gif because it cracks me up every time). But actually, can you believe that I actually dated a guy a while ago that got grossed out whenever I even mentioned that time of the month? God I'm glad I never farted around him. If any of you reading this know my current squeeze and I, well, you may know that he enjoys tormenting me with his er- smells if you may. Yes, we're actually 10 and we still think farts are funny,

10. Lastly, you're on cloud 9 all the time, because why wouldn't you want to be in love with your best friend?!

Every relationship should be built on a friendship. That's how you know you're compatible! That should be obvious!

I'm sure plenty of you went through this thinking that it's nothing new, because you already have this! If not, please wait! It's worth it, and once you find "your person," your life will feel more complete than it ever has before, trust me.