10 Reasons Why I Hate Dating In 2017

10 Reasons Why I Hate Dating In 2017

there is more to a relationship than pizza and hooking up.

3375
10 Reasons Why I Hate Dating In 2017

I can't stand this generation's idea of dating. There I said it. If my boyfriend and I were like the common 2017 couple.. I'd be ashamed. I think this generation has lost the true meaning of dating and has lost the ability to love. I will admit I have seen successful relationships in my time, however majority of relationships I have seen are far from "love".

1. Social media dictates if your S.O loves you or not.

I will admit I love when my boyfriend posts cute pictures or posts about me on Instagram, but if he doesn't, I know he still loves me. In today's era love is expressed through the black and white words under a selfie.

2. Netflix and Chill is as romantic as it gets.

Alright it is nice to watch Netflix and eat pizza with the one you love, but it is not romantic actually it is commonly known that when a guy or girl says "lets Netflix and chill" they basically are saying "feed me pizza and lets do it".

3. People date for fun.

Call me old-fashioned but dating shouldn't be considered a hobby, it is an interview for marriage. I don't think playing with someone's heart and toying with the emotions of anyone should be considered fun.

4. Cheating is more common than loyalty.

If you are in a serious relationship and you have been cheated on then you know the pain of finding out the person you have invested in has been unfaithful.

5. "Catching Feelings" is a bad thing.

I'm sorry but I will always say the best decision I have made in the 2 years was falling in love with my boyfriend. I could never say "catching feelings" for him was a bad thing.

6. Being exclusive is something to be ashamed of.

I am sorry but any guy or girl who is ashamed of being "tied down" obviously can't see the perks of being exclusive.

7. Boys ask girls out over text messages.

BOYS DONT DO THIS!! Take it from a girl, girls hate this! Grow courage and ask her even if you are scared, don't be coward.

8. There is more importance on sex then there should be.

This really is a big problem because everyone thinks that sex is what makes a relationship real and serious. No not really. Trust, compassion and love is what makes a relationship real.

9. You never know where you stand with a person.

Are we hanging out? Are we official? Do I need to DTR? What does it mean?! Being confused about what the relationship is, messes with the person's mind. It is something I have experienced and it causes a lot of insecurity and uncertainty.

10. Most couples want to hangout at 2am rather than 2pm.

I'm sorry but if I had a S.O that only wanted to hang out at the wee hours of the night, I would think I was a booty call more than a girlfriend.