10 Ways Your Sister Is Your Built-In Best Friend

There are so many reasons why having a sister is the best, but I narrowed it down to the ten BEST reasons.
126

Having a sister is the absolute BEST. I was lucky enough to share a room with my sister pretty much our whole lives. Of course, I didn’t like sharing a room all the time, but in the end, it made us become much closer. There are so many reasons why having a sister is the best, but I narrowed it down to the ten best reason why I’m so lucky to have a sister!

1. Family events aren’t boring

There are those days when your parents (love you guys) will drag your family out to who-knows-where and have “family bonding”. This can be annoying, but if you have your best friend, aka your sister, the day will be bearable.

2. Sharing clothes

Your closet doubles when you have a sister! The struggle is real when a sister goes to college because you lose half of your closet. Sometimes I will steal some of my sister’s shoes before I go to college because I wear them more (sorry Ali-love you!!!)

3. New Music

This may be my favorite part of having a sister. We have a similar music taste, so she sends me new music all the time! Bonding over music is the best kind of bonding.

4. Someone to do your hair

There is nothing worse than not knowing if the back of your hair is straight because you can’t reach. When you have a sister, she is able to check the back of your hair and get the pieces that aren’t completely straight.

5. She’s known you longer than anyone, so she gets you

Anytime I’m struggling or having a crisis, I can call my sister because she will know exactly what to do. She knows how my brain works, so she knows how to calm me down.

6. You have someone to share your secrets with

The bond between two sisters is unreal. Secrets told will go to the grave with your sister. You never have to worry about her telling your secrets, and you would never share hers!

7. Nights full of laughter

Like I said, my sister and I shared a room our whole lives. There were so many nights we didn’t want to go to bed so we would stay up watching funny videos or just telling each other funny stories we have made up.

8. Inside jokes

There are about a million inside jokes you two have that no one will understand, and that’s okay!

9. She'll be honest with you

Because she loves you so much, your sister will be brutally honest with you. Even though you don’t want to hear it, it’s what you need to hear.

10. She’ll never judge you

Your sister has seen you at your weirdest, so you know she will never judge you. You can be yourself around her, and it’s the best.