10 Reasons New York City Is The Best

10 Reasons New York City Is The Best

"Concrete jungle where dreams are made of!"

23
10 Reasons New York City Is The Best

As Lin-Manuel Miranda boldly states in his hit musical Hamilton, New York City truly is the "greatest city in the world." To most aspiring actors, actresses, performers, dancers, musicians, directors, and writers, New York is the promise land where dreams turn into a reality. To locals, the concrete jungle is merely a blank campus waiting to become a personalized work of art. To tourists, it's a maze of hustle and bustle that presents new and exciting opportunities around every corner. New York City is a fierce and divine wonderland that occupies a special place in the hearts of people from all walks of life.

1. The diverse architectural styles that can be found across Manhattan.

The Flatiron, the Chrysler Building, the Empire State Building (duh), the Guggenheim, and St. Patrick's Cathedral are just a few of the architectural gems you'll find nestled throughout Manhattan. But honestly, Manhattan is a work of art.

2. Boredom is not an option!

Go ahead, try to find boredom while in the Big Apple. I dare you. What did you find so dull? Was is the bright lights, constant activities, incredible nightlife, delicious food, beautiful parks, endless museums, thriving theatre district, amazing shopping, or iconic attractions that left you feeling unfulfilled?

3. One word: BROADWAY!

Nothing beats the NYC theatre district! Every theatre kid dreams of landing a role in a Broadway production, and for good reason. Broadway is the place to be, period. The lights, the music, the emotion, the energy, the stars, and the fans all make attending any show a truly memorable experience. I could ramble on and on about the wonders of the theatre, but you get the idea. Broadway is life.

4. Rich culture, history, and art.

Connect with people from the past and present through the historical landmarks, monuments, and prevalent artwork across the city. New York is beautiful because it is a timeless land. One step takes you back hundreds of years to the American Revolution, and another lands you in a futuristic land of shiny skyscrapers and underground transportation (look at me romanticizing the subway).

5. Christmas in New York is something straight out of a fairytale.

The ice skating rinks, the decorations, the tree in Rockefeller... what more could you ask for?

6. All the food!

No matter what you are craving, you are sure to find hundreds of restaurants readily available to satisfy your appetite. You can splurge on pizza, pasta, pub food, Chinese, Japanese, Cuban, French, street food, burgers, and more delicious options, and probably all within a few blocks! Just make sure to save room for dessert so you can sample some authentic New York Style Cheesecake.

7. The rush of Times Square.

The lights, the sounds, the characters, the people-watching; it's all so magical! Even though it can be overwhelming, there is nothing quite like the feeling of standing amidst the chaos and taking it all in.

8. Relaxing in the parks.

Although Manhattan is a thriving metropolis, it also contains many lovely parks that are perfect for unwinding. Central Park is, of course, notoriously famous, but certainly not the only interesting park in Manhattan! There is the High Line, Washington Square Park, Bryant Park, Battery Park, Union Square Park, and Madison Square Park, just to name a few.

9. The amazing and iconic touristy landmarks that never get old.

Although they are a little cliche, places like The Statue of Liberty, The Empire State Building, Grand Central Terminal, The Metropolitan Museum of Art, and The Museum of Natural History are all timeless New York City treasures.

10. Greenwich Village is a dream.

It still has the artistic flare of the city, but with a bohemian twist. Also, it is a quieter area with some of the best and most interesting food. Bleeker Street is definitely a place to visit!