10 Reasons Why Julie Taylor is the Worst Friday Night Lights Character

Because she didn't deserve Matt, Riggins, or her parents, and certainly not the Dillion Panthers.

11603
Friday Night Lights

Friday Night Lights is the best television show in history. The drama, the love, the romance, the Southern charm, Tim Riggins, the football, Tim Riggins. There are so many characters that you quickly fall in love with. For example, Tim Riggins. Another example is Coach Taylor. Even Matt Saracen. But, there is one character who annoys me to no end. As I re-watched the series, I have come to the full realization that Julie Taylor is the worst FNL character in history. Here is a list of reasons why.

1. She never stops crying.

Okay. Me, myself, I am a crier. I cry all the time and a lot. But she cries at literally everything. Someone slightly inconveiences her or she doesn't get her way and she storms out of the room and just cries.

2. She is so rude to her amazing parents.

Besides my own loving and amazing parents, there is no one I would rather be the child of then Eric Taylor (aka Coach) and Tami Taylor. They are the best, and all she does is complain that she doesn't get enough attention and that her parents are too controlling. They are PROTECTING you, Julie. Whenever you do get hurt because you don't listen to your parents, you just cry about it, so.

3. She hated her innocent baby sister Gracie Bell simply for existing.

Her parents had a miracle baby when she was 15. I get it. You went from being the only child to the oldest and responsible for a little sister. But, she is your family. Julie literally gets a job at the pool and admits she did it because the baby was getting all the attention. Get over yourself.

4. She was rude to Matt Saracen, aka QB1, literally all the time.

Okay, so I will talk about this a lot later, but she was the worst girlfriend to Matt Saracen aka QB1 aka caretaker of his amazing grandmother and nicest person in all of Dillion. She literally would cry and complain about him playing football when it was his dream and he was really good at it.

5. She got Tim Riggins kicked out of the house because she got drunk and made bad choices.

TIM RIGGINS SAVED HER LIFE BY PROTECTING HER FROM THE TORNADO AND THEN SAVED HER WHEN SHE GOT DRUNK AT THAT PARTY AND THEN HAD THE AUDACITY TO NOT TELL HER FATHER THE TRUTH ABOUT THE SITUATION UNTIL HE WAS ALREADY KICKED OUT. Tim Riggins, God's gift to women, protected her like a brother and she still managed to do something stupid.

6. She flirted with her high school teacher and dated her college TA.

It wasn't the cute kind either. It wasn't an Ezra and Aria in Pretty Little Liars situation. It was more like creepy Julie sitting on the desk with the teacher's iPod in her ear while her mother and father roamed the halls of the school because they worked there. Later on in the series, she had a very inappropriate affair with her college TA. Does she have boundaries?

7. She literally admits that she got a tattoo just to cause issues with her parents.

This seems small but the way that she just makes decisions to spite her wonderful and loving parents makes me sO ANGRY.

8. She cheated on Matt Saracen, again, QB1, grandmother-loving, gentleman Matt Saracen.

THIS ONE IS THE MOST IMPORTANT. So, Julie and Matt are going steady and have a loving relationship. He takes her on dates, her parents like him, he's the most popular guy in school. Then she gets bored with the relationship and decides to CHEAT with a random Swede from the pool and break our poor QB1's heart. THEN, has the nerve to get mad when he moves on. Ugh.

9. Her dad is the best football coach, like, ever, and all she does is tell him how much she hates football.

If I had a penny for everytime Julie Taylor cried or complained about football. I understand it can be frustrating that it is your entire life, but stop complaining! It is your father's passion, the entire town is in love with this one team. Join in on the fun, or don't, but stop complaining Julie Taylor. And maybe support the boy that loves you.

10. All in all, her main offense is that she is the worst girlfriend to Matt Saracen.

I know this is a repeat one but I mean if you have ever seen FNL and you were not personally offended by the way Julie treats Matt you are heartless.

I hate you, Julie Taylor. But, Riggins, Saracen, and Coach Taylor please live forever and never change.

There is only one thing left to say and that is....