10 Reasons Why the Holidays are the Best

It's the most wonderful time of the year!

63
Centric mining system

Being a college student, the holidays could be some of the worst. It's time for the dreaded finals and off we go into our little holes and don't come out again until the semester is over. Regardless, the holidays are still my favorite, for many reasons, but here are ten!

1. God bless the cold weather

If you're from Texas like me, its 80 degrees or more, a good 8 months out of the year. More or less. So by October, you're sick and tired of the heat and are PAST ready for the infamously wonderful sweater weather. You aren't walking to your car pouring sweat. Or dying of a heat stroke every time you walk outside. You feel fabulous because it's finally the holidays and colder weather is among us. Maybe we will even be blessed with some snow. but that's a bit of a stretch...

2. FFOOOODDDD

Okay. Let's get real. We all know that holiday food is where it's at. Thanksgiving and Christmas are two of the best times for the most amount and best food. Plus, you get those super good treats that your grandmother only makes this one time a year. You know, the ones that you wish were made all year round...Ugh, yes. Those. savor them now, They'll be gone in about a month..

3. Long Lost Friends

The holidays is when everyone comes home. Especially us college kids. We come home to our families and stay for awhile. This means you can be reunited with those you've missed, and life is oh so complete again. Going months without seeing your best friend can be hard, but the reunion is sweet!

4. Family Time

Being so close to my family, I love going home. Especially during the holidays. You get so much time to chill and just hang out with your family. Plus, you get a little spoiled... and who doesn't like that? ;)

5. Presents

We all know this is realllll close to the best part. Who doesn't love getting new stuff? You've been wanting this things forever and now you can finally get them without having to pay for them yourself! HA. Score. ;)

6. Christmas Lights

Love love love driving around and seeing houses covered in glowing colors. It's amazing what people can do with Christmas lights. And trails. Ugh. The best date/family trip/friend date around during the holidays. So much fun to walk through and see all the different lights and designs and whatnot! Especially now with the new technology allowing you to set music to your lights and out on a whole new display!

7. Christmas Music

"It's the most wonderful tiiiime of the yearrr!" This music is seriously the best. It's seems to put everyone in a good mood, and it's just so dang catchy. It puts you in the Christmas spirit, and makes you all happy inside. How could it not be one of the best things about the holidays?

8. No more school

okay. Maybe not entirely, but you get to take a break! Let your brain relax and not have to remember what a matrix is, or a 15 page paper due in three days, or having to memorize all the muscles in the body for a test tomorrow. It's the best relaxation you've gotten in awhile. Enjoy it...because soon, it all starts back again....

9. Shopping!

We all know that Black Friday and Cyber Monday are the best shopping days of the year. But in all reality, the holidays in general are the best times for shopping. seriously. Deals on deals on deals. They are the best around this time of year. So treat yo self and treat others. This is the best opportunity to do it!

10. Simple days at home

Holidays mean staying inside, snuggled up next to a warm fireplace, hot chocolate in hand, fuzzy socks on your feet, and Lifetime/Hallmark Christmas movies on the TV. Seriously, I don't think anything can get better than that! It's the best of the best of the holidays!

These are some of the things that make up what I think are the best things about the holidays. They don't say it's the most wonderful time of the year for nothing :) Merry Christmas and happy holidays lovelies! :)