10 Reasons Why You Should Have a Dog in College

College can be ruff, but dogs are always there to save the day!
1512

Oh, the great dog debate.

Should you bring your dog to college? Should you get a dog in college? Should you just wait until you have kids? The answer to these questions is up to you, but here's my personal top 10 reasons to have a dog in college:

1. Man's best friend. Literally dogs make you feel like you're the ONLY thing in the world that matters the second you walk through the door. They love you, jump on you and just want to hang with you. Dogs make you feel like a million bucks, especially on those crummy days when you need to feel loved.

2. Cuddle buddy. If you don't have a significant other (or even if you do), pups make the BEST cuddle buddies. They just want to snuggle up close and take a nap. They're also the best listeners... as long as you keep scratching their belly.

3. Play dates. If your friends are busy, dogs ALWAYS want to hang outside. 

4. Halloween costumes. Yes, the ability to play dress up is reason enough to have a dog in college. There is nothing funnier than a dog in a costume. Why? I'm not sure. Don't believe me? Go look up dog's in costumes. 

5. Excuse for solo walks. When you aren't a runner but want to get some outdoor exercise, it can be a little awkward walking solo-style. But with a dog, no one ever questions you. Your dog must be walked, right?  

6. Meet your future spouse. If a guy walks a dog, every girl WILL stop and WILL pet the puppy. But it's not just a tool for men. Everyone is a sucker for cute dogs. Just the other day, a guy stopped his car - literally stopped in the middle of the road - to ask what kind of dog I had. Even if the guy doesn't like dogs, he can pretend to be interested just to talk to you.

7. You're never alone. I mean I may or may not have snuck my dog into class using my backpack... and I definitely take her into stores on a regular basis.  I literally never have to go anywhere alone.

8. Excuse to be antisocial (because we all need them every now and then, and we can't blame our parents anymore). "I can't... I have to go take care of my dog."  Then you proceed to ignore your social life and take pictures of your dog in a hammock.

9. Snapchat. 
Seriously though. Funny animal pictures will NEVER be annoying. 

10. Instagram. You know those artsy dog pics rack up the "likes."

...and if you're not a dog person, you can always opt for a Bearded Dragon.
(Hi Sarah and Oscar)

A special shout out to my Pi Phis and their dogs (and bearded dragon):

Storey and Abby DeShazo

Maggie and Brandi Bear King

Gracie and Boots Bower

Sarah and @OscarMeyerDragon Baldwin

And to the one I call "Ewok," "Swamp Monster," "Chewbacca," "Creature," and "Lu," my little diva, Lulu. You've been the weirdest, ugliest, cutest, cuddliest pup to ever walk the face of the earth - even though I'm pretty sure you're an alien.