10 Reasons Why Fall Is The Best

Summer is great, winter is cool, and spring is fresh — but nothing compares to the glorious fall months of the year. Even though school has started up again, it's worth it when you get to experience the joys of fall weather and fall events like football and homecoming. I truly love fall more than any season of the year and here's why:

1. The colors

Warm colors like red and orange and yellow actually give me life. I love wearing them, and I love seeing them on the trees. For all of the warm toned people out there, this is the best time of year to wear those colors that make you feel so confident and good.

2. The scents

Pumpkin, cinnamon, apple — all the scents of fall are so warm and inviting that you an;t help but feel cozy and warm when those scents hit your nose. Popping a couple of fall scented waxes into a warmer really changes up the whole mood of a room and makes you feel at home.

3. The clothes

Leggings with sweaters and scarves and boots — such a simple outfit that is cute and comfortable. No need to worry about how you might look one day, throw on a baggy sweatshirt over some leggings and you look like a college goddess (which you really already are, love yourself). Tying a flannel around your waist is incredibly basic but incredibly cute.

4. The makeup

Dark lips and smokey eyes and golden highlight are my favorite makeup looks. Fall is such a good time to rock that brown liquid lip and pop on some gold eye shadow onto your lids and you've got an easy, warm look for the upcoming months.

5. Thanksgiving

If you don't love Thanksgiving and the food that comes with it then who even are you?? Thanksgiving is the perfect excuse to skip out on your diet and fill up on mashed potatoes and turkey and lounge around in sweats all day. Turn on the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade and you're set for the whole day of laziness.

6. Homecoming

Whether you're in high school and going to dances or not, homecoming is such a fun time for everyone. You get to showcase your love for your high school or college and watch a football game (or if you go to SIUE, a soccer game). My high school puts on a parade every year which I got to help organize for a few years and it's so much fun to express that hometown love.

7. Bonfires

Hanging around good friends or family and talking around a bonfire probably holds some of my best memories. Roasting hotdogs and marshmallows is the perfect way to kick back and relax during those stressful school months.

8. Tailgates

Pre-football (or soccer) game tailgates are the best. Getting pumped up for your team and showing your love of your school is one of the best experiences you pull from paying thousands of dollars a year to get a degree.

9. The weather

Not too cold, not too hot perfection. That's it. That's what fall is. Being able to wear leggings and a crew neck or shorts and a t-shirt is nice because it's whatever you feel comfortable in. Do you.

10. Halloween

Halloween is my absolute favorite time of year. I love spooky things and creepy stories and candy and dressing up. Seeing Halloween decorations out makes me so incredibly happy and watching scary movies in the dark is the best. Halloween is life.