10 reasons why all Entrepreneurs should be Physically Fit
Health Wellness

10 reasons why all entrepreneurs should be physically fit

A successful entrepreneur is one who is able to keep a good work-life balance. Fitness is a state of that exudes into all other aspects of life.

70

We all have heard the age-old saying "Sound body, sound mind". A normal day in the life of an entrepreneur includes waking up early, traveling, and juggling through numerous meetings, long hours and making effective decisions. In spite of all this being tedious and mentally straining tasks, an entrepreneur has to accomplish these while keeping the interests of the company as well as its employees aligned.

A successful entrepreneur is one who is able to keep a good work-life balance. Fitness is a state of that exudes into all other aspects of life. Being active enhances the physical and mental capabilities of a person and allows them to function better throughout the day.

Exercise enables a person to stay calm and composed during the most stressful situations, which is essential for an entrepreneur who is always dealing with high-pressure situations that require a high level of mental activity and alertness.

There are multiple reasons why it is important for an entrepreneur to inculcate physical activity in the daily routine. Given below is a list of the ways in which one's physical fitness contributes in them being a successful entrepreneur.

Releases endorphins

Physically excreting one's body leads to release of endorphins in the body. These are group of hormones, secreted in the brain which acts as an analgesic drug. Endorphins, also known as the happy hormones, help to relieve mental pressure and stress. Thus, an entrepreneur would feel a lot calmer and happy after exercising.

Helps in staying hydrated

1.- It is a well-known fact that staying hydrated is very important for the human body. An individual should have at least 6 to 8 glasses of water every day. More often than not, everyone tends to get caught up in their busy schedule and forget about it. When a person exercises, they sweat profusely and then the body craves for water frequently. This is an automatic reminder to drink more water. Water retention can easily be related to sleep; we can function alright even with the lack of it but all the bodily functions are carried out with ease with its satiation.

Energy boost

By maintaining a regular routine of exercising, an individual is able to have more energy to complete the allotted tasks of the day. As an entrepreneur, a person is expected to be on their toes at all times. This task can be quite strenuous and requires a person to have an active lifestyle in order to cope with it. Thus, exercising gives an energy boost to people so that they are able to accomplish challenges confidently and assertively.

Relieves Stress

Exercising acts as a stress buster, relieving mental strains and directs energy to an appropriate subject. The life of an entrepreneur constitutes various stressful situations. Exercising is the best way to channelize negative energy arising out of stressful conditions, work pressures, excessive exertion or depression. It helps clear the mind of varying pressures so that an individual can work with a positive perspective every day.

Promotes creative thinking and problem solving

Entrepreneurs need to keep a mindset which works as a sponge to absorb and imply the new knowledge and technological advancements that they come across from time to time. Regular exercising promotes a process of free-flowing thoughts and helps people to increase their focus, clear their mind and develop problem-solving tendencies.

Better sleep

All physical activities are responsible for exhausting the human mind as well as the body. A person indulging in regular physical activity gets exhausted and thus sleeps a lot better.

More stamina

Strenuous work results in wear and tear of mind and body, even for the best of the individuals. People who indulge in some or the other form of physical activity, at least 4-5 times a week are seen to have more stamina than those who do not work out at all.

Better Posture

An individual who works out, shows a positive body language and has a good posture. This helps in appearing confident and a good posture ensures the longevity of good health.

New idea generation

Exercising results in building new brain cells, which in turn cause new neural pathways. This helps an individual to think outside the box and stay ahead of their competition.

Prevents diseases 

Lifestyle diseases are gaining momentum over time. These diseases are caused due to high levels of work as well as other pressures which have the ability to cloud a person's judgment over time. Diseases can further be prevented by consulting a doctor and follow the treatment or the advice offered by the doctor.

Although we all understand the importance of inculcating the habit of being physically engaged in some or the other form of exercise, most people find it very difficult to permanently adopt a lifestyle centered around fitness. This becomes one of the first things an individual cut out of their routine when they find themselves short of time. Given below is a list of 3 simple steps for developing a habit and maintaining consistency in working out.

1.Fix a ritual-

Ritual, by meaning, is a series of steps followed with a mindset of achieving a certain goal. It is very important to consider exercise as a ritual and dive into it with a mindset of following it every day, religiously.

2.Schedule it and eliminate any facets of cancellation-

We understand that all entrepreneurs have a very stringent schedule throughout the day. It is quintessential to inculcate exercise as a very important part of this routine. At first, it would be difficult but it gets easier with each passing day until it becomes an indispensable part of one's day.

3.Plan long-term-

It is a stated fact that the decisions taken by an entrepreneur affect the functionality of the business in the long term. In the same manner, neglecting or taking care of the body has a long-term effect on the health and well-being of a person in the long term. Thus, in order to have a good long-term health, it is important to plan ahead and start being consistent in taking care of one's body

It is a stated fact that the decisions taken by an entrepreneur affect the functionality of the business in the long term. In the same manner, neglecting or taking care of the body has a long-term effect on the health and well-being of a person in the long term. Thus, in order to have a good long-term health, it is important to plan ahead and start being consistent in taking care of one's body.

• Fitness has many facets and adopting the most appropriate one not only helps in keeping the body healthy, it helps in the overall well-being of the mind and the soul.