10 Reasons Dorm Friends Are The Best Friends

And they may just be the friends you keep forever.

28
Mic

I have made my best friends in my dorm, and I am so lucky to have people like them. It may seem like these friends are just made out of convenience, but they may just be the best friends you will ever have.

1. They live so close to you, so they’re there whenever you need them

It’s so easy to just walk down the hall and knock on the door vent when you need it. Friends are there for you whenever you’re feeling homesick or when you’re stressed to death from all the homework you have.

2. When you want to change into pjs you don’t even have to put on shoes to get to your room to change

Most days I can spend my whole day in my friend’s dorm room and eventually I want to change into sweatpants and a cozy sweatshirt and I don’t even have to put my shoes on to go to my room to change. It’s so convenient.

3. Easy access to your phone charger when you’re phone is dying

Again, I’m all for convenience. While we don’t spend all our time on our phones, they do eventually die, and since I’m just hanging out down the hall I can quickly run to my room for my charger.

4. You always have someone to go with you to campus events

At Xavier, we always have fun campus programs going on that I want to check out. The only thing is that I don’t want to go alone, but most of the time my friends are willing to try it out with me!

5. They will see you at your highest highs and your lowest lows

College is stressful, especially as a freshman. It’s such a new atmosphere, and being all alone for the first time can be scary. These friends will see you be super stressed, and they know how you feel and they will stick by you even after seeing you ugly cry about missing your cat.

6. You can ask each other extremely deep questions late at night and just get to know each other

Sometimes when we don’t know what to do we just Google thought-provoking questions to get to know each other better than we do

7. Late-night dorm dance parties make like 100% better no matter how stressed you are about classes

The weekdays are so stressful with class and loads of homework, so the weekends become a time for goofing off and loads of laughter. Dance parties and karaoke become a go-to for a good time!

8. They find fun things to do when you don’t know what to do on a weekend night

Being underclassmen on our campus makes it hard to find fun, wholesome things to do, but they always have something up their sleeve for us to do. Between Mini-Golf, Dave and Buster’s and sports games weekends are no longer boring.

9. They make not fun things super fun

Who thought that laundry and grocery shopping could become things I look forward to? Everyone has to do these things, so why not make it super fun??

10. They’re going through the same things as you, so they get it

Like I said, freshman year can be super hard, but as long as you surround yourself with people who share similar values as you, it can be so easy. They get how you feel, so there’re no judgments passed ever